Head of Operations, part time - circa 3 days per week
We are looking for an experienced and efficient professional with initiative and drive to join an ambitious and busy organisation.
Head of Operations
Staff responsible for
SASC is a specialist fund manager providing finance to inspiring social sector organisations. Our investment approach puts social impact at the heart of everything we do: we are committed to developing creative solutions that will enable organisations to grow and continue delivering scalable and sustainable solutions to social issues.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Head of Operations to oversee our organisation’s ongoing operations and procedures. You will assist the Managing Director in the day to day running of the business, ensuring alignment with overall company objectives. You will also be responsible for securing the functionality of the business to allow for sustainable growth.
You will work closely with the Managing Director and the Administrator across different business units:
- Develop annual operating budget and manage performance against budget
- Reviewing Management Accounts and producing Financial Reports for the Managing Director and SASC Board
- Managing the Annual Audit process
- Overview of Payroll process
- Manage changes to SASC LLP documentation
- Manage changes to Fund documentation
- Manage compliance and FCA submissions, ideally as Compliance Officer working closely with our outsourced advisors.
- Maintain and monitor all SASC Policies and procedures
- Management of the firm’s suppliers.
- Produce Reports for quarterly Board meetings
- Management of the CRM system
What we are looking for
- Proven experience in managing operations
- Very numerate with strong finance skills and experience of legal and compliance matters
- Ability to make decisions and take responsibility for key operational areas of the business
- Ability to anticipate and/or solve problems and help others do so
- Ability to inspire and influence top management with insights and strategies/ideas
- Ability to work on own initiative, managing demanding workload
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Excellent organisational, planning and project management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines (and reprioritise when necessary)
- Strong IT skills
- A self-starter and a can do attitude; curious and sparky
- £55,000 - £65,000 FTE. This is a part time role (circa 3 days per week, flexible working hours)
- 30 days holiday (FTE)
- Health insurance, life insurance, critical illness cover, pension scheme
Please apply with CV and a covering letter via the application method below explaining how you meet the person specification and why you think you would be the right person to join our team.
All applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits