IT Business Analyst, Open to flexibility
IT Business Analyst, Open to flexibility
Job Description Summary
WHO ARE WE?
GSK has a 150-year legacy of helping to transform the health, lives and futures of millions of people around the world. We are a science-led healthcare company with more than 100,000 people working in 115 countries. Each year we produce around 4 billion packs of medicine, nearly 900 million doses of vaccine and more than 18 billion packs of consumer healthcare products. Our focus of helping people do more, feel better and live longer is at the centre of all that we aim to do.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS ROLE?
This role involves working with Business Partners and Market IT Leads and the Business Global Process Owners to identify and progress opportunities to improve business processes by effectively leveraging information technology to meet business objectives. Provide business analysis expertise in the design, development and implementation of technology systems.
The BA has the primary responsibility to elicit, analyse, validate, specify, verify, and manage the real needs of the project stakeholders, including customers and end users.
WHAT WILL YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES BE?
- Analyse, define, and document detailed business specifications for commercial business areas
- Conduct user interview, facilitate workshops and draw up functional process flows based on customer interactions.
- Define detailed Use Cases for each identified Business Process, including the data flow and dependencies for the master data requirements
- Understand the business process and challenges related to the areas within the business application scope within the Global Commercial Services Organisation. Use that knowledge to communicate functional requirements to the technical team.
- Serve as conduit between the customer community and the software development team by providing assistance to develop and document their business requirement
- Ensure that solutions concentrate on aspects of business need that are considered to be of highest priority by the business.
- Assists the business in the analysis and communication of benefits and risks and ensures deliverables are aligned to the corporate strategies of simplification of the operating model.
- Provide recommendations and conducts assessment and evaluation for commercial and custom solutions and services that are aligned to standard solution offerings from the GCSO within GPIT.
- Will be involved at some level throughout the entire system or software development life cycle.
- Ensure that the business requirements are being met by the system throughout development and implementation.
- Propose improvement, simplification on business and IT processes (adhering to GSK best practices of striving for continuous improvement).
- Complete assigned mandatory & expected training, and maintain training records in line with GSK requirements.
- Contribute or perform pre-project consulting, business case development, benefits delivery plan and project initiation with Business Partners and Market IT Leads. As well as contribute to the benefits delivery report in partnership with GCSO & Market IT Leads.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of business processes and objectives.
- Write project and technical documents and manage the document review and approval cycle for appropriate phases of the system development life cycle.
- Ensure components of documentation are traceable, integrated and fit for purpose.
- Carry out or supervise the controlled storage and archival of system documentation.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management and staff in business and IT.
- Ensure change management is in place to increase the success of the project and uptake of the solution.
- Assists the business in analysing functional impacts of project, process on business organisation
- Lead, motivate and influence individuals and teams, building strong dynamics to accomplish objectives.
- Ensure all health, safety, GSK and regulatory requirements are fulfilled in accordance with the relevant regulatory and IT standards.
The main deliverables of the role are:
- Provide business analysis expertise in the design, acquisition, development & implementation of assigned systems and business processes
- Drive process to develop requirements for systems of medium or large size and complexity. May be required to lead a team of analysts for larger projects.
- Ensure accurate estimates and comprehensive input to all business case submissions.
- Uses business analysis tools and methods to systematically analyse and document business needs
- Assist the business in the analysis and communication of benefits and risks
- Provide recommendations and conducts assessment and evaluation for commercial and custom solutions and services
- Build effective relationships with overall business, IT/GCSO/GPIT representatives and agree alignment of project processes and reporting. Ensure regular contact to enhance and maintain knowledge of the area.
- Contributes to developing and executing test plans to ensure that tests and test plan maps to requirements
- This includes reviewing and signing off test cases and verifying they are aligned to the developed Use Cases.
- Ensure the required documentation set is created and maintained during the systems development life-cycle.
- This includes ensuring ITMS approach is adopted and executed for each project engagement.
- Operate independently under broad guidance and general direction of line of Project Manager, Programme Manager, or Department Director.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of diverse, global team
- Develop others as part of your own professional growth
You'll also receive a competitive salary package including on target bonus, shares, private medical insurance, Company Pension Plan, annual holiday, private healthcare option, bonus scheme and a share purchase scheme plus a personalised career development pathway.
Interested in Joining the Team?
Please ensure you apply before COB 22nd September 2017 to ensure you're in the running!
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
You may apply for this position online by clicking 'Apply' now.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.