Part time Technical Services Director - Engineering
Engineering, manufacturing, part time, Hertfordshire
Our client is a market leading SME manufacturer and supplier of high quality hardware products.
They are seeking a Technical Services Director to join the team to ensure the management, control and direction of the engineering, technical support and quality teams in support of the business objectives and primary functions of making and selling product.
The role is anticipated to be 3 days a week and may increase over time to 4 days a week.
- Responsible for implementation of engineering strategy for new and existing products and processes;
- Responsible for ensuring management teams deliver required support through capability, direction and resource;
- Responsible for ensuring the delivery to market of new products and that capital investment projects meet strategic requirements;
- Responsible for ensuring defined quality standards are met and adhered to and that quality management system is effectively functioning in all areas of the company;
- Responsible for training and development of all Engineering and Technical staff and for ensuring regular performance reviews are carried out for all Engineering and Technical Staff;
- Contribute to strategy formulation through steering group;
- As a customer focussed organisation all employees are expected to acquire basic product knowledge and take responsibility for providing effective front-line customer support by answering telephone calls when required.
- Relevant Business NVQ4/Degree or equivalent/relevant qualification;
- Technical or Engineering qualification or equivalent experience; ideally candidates will be qualified engineers
- Candidates may have spent some time as a toolmaker
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a senior position within a competitive technical engineering environment;
- Proven track record of technical specification and development of new products;
- Solid understanding of producing products to conform to technical standards and experience of CE and ANSI approval processes
- Proven experience of quality management systems & processes;
- Experience of managing and working to business & personal performance targets;
- Proven experience of setting and managing budgets in excess of £500k;
- Minimum of 5 years people management experience including recruitment, disciplinary and dismissal processes.
- Flexibility - 3 days initially increasing over time
- Salary - up to £65K FTE
- Location - Herts