Global Marketing Manager, Seedlip & Aecorn, Open to flexible working
From Arthur Guinness to Johnnie Walker, our business was founded on people of great character, and in 250 years, nothing’s changed. We’re the world’s leading premium alcohol company. Our brands are industry icons. And our success is thanks to the strength of our people, in every role. It’s why we trust them with our legacy. And it’s why we reward them with the career-defining opportunities that they deserve.
Our ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected Consumer Products Company in the world. To achieve these, we need the world’s very best people.
Feel inspired? Then this may be the opportunity for you!
Market Environment/ Complexity:
Seedlip is present in 40 countries, distributed through a combination of integrated Diageo markets and 3rd party partnerships. Lead markets are UK, US and Australia.
As a vibrant and pioneer brand, the Seedlip/Aecorn portfolio incorporates 3 x 70cl variants, RTDs and 20cl gift formats, and a 4th variant proposed for F22 development. Aecorn comprises 3 x variants and a Nogroni cocktail format. The portfolio has an extensive and complex renovation plan to be delivered over the next 18 months, targeting packaging and liquid optimisation to enable further brand scale. The brands target the premium/super-premium category space and there is a clear portfolio and customer role for Seedlip to halo the non alc opportunity alongside the launch of 0.0% Diageo spirits innovations such as Tanqueray and Gordon’s.
Purpose of Role:
- Own and drive the Brand strategy, ambition and execution, inspiring, engaging and managing
- Develop stellar campaign and marketing comms for Seedlip & Aecorn to build culture back talkability for the brands
- Partner with digital lead to create an always on communications and content plan for both brands
- Steer the development of the Seedlip Brand Home
- Lead & participate in the Board meetings, managing quarterly reviews & maintaining direct contact with the commercial, legal & supply side of the business
Leadership Responsibilities/ Key Stakeholders:
- Strong thought & executional leadership & ability to manage the brand for the long-term viability
- Inspire a global community to continue double digit growth & excellent execution in markets
- Inspire & manage a roster of luxury creative agencies & suppliers to deliver world class creative executions & programs.
- Establish strong relationships with markets, brand founder & senior stakeholders across the business to drive business strategy alignment & growth model
- Build a team environment that promotes cross functional collaboration, fosters a sense of team spirit & support & capitalizes on business opportunities in a timely manner
- Strong commercial management skills to deal with any issues that arise on the brand
- Stand for what is right, protecting & nurturing these brands unique legacy in a rapidly developing no Alc category that Seedlip & Aecorn need to continue to pioneer
- Strong partnership with no alc category leader to shape the future on no alc innovation for Seedlip & Aecorn
Top 3-5 Accountabilities:
- Define the future of brand experience for Seedlip: take the lead of developing the strategy to ensure Seedlip remains relevant and engaging for non alc consumers with the rapid rise of well known competition via distinctive and talkable brand experiences across the portfolio
- Create an exciting campaign and comms narrative for Seedlip & Aecorn that keeps them at the forefront (and mass luxury positioned) of no alc category
- Seedlip Home: partner with project team to develop and deliver a ground-breaking experience for Seedlip Home (Project Wonder) with launch planned for March 2023
- Distinctive and memorable at home drinking experiences: be part of the team that step changes how Seedlip is enjoyed at home, capitalising on the shift in consumption habits in the no alc space
- Proven Brand Marketing experience at a senior level
- Proven track record of strategy development and flawless activity implementation
- Experiential experience (strategy and activation) a must – agency experience is a plus but not a mandatory – and a deep-rooted understanding of what creates best in class brand experience and brand story-telling across markets
- Must have worked in a highly creative, innovative, problem solving operating environment or companies.
- Resilient & comfortable working in an ambiguous environment
- Delivery focused – we must deliver brilliantly, on time and at pace
- Highly capable at communicating in a succinct, inspiring way across levels
- a self-starter who can quickly pick up briefs – complexity and pressure will not faze you!
- High ability to have productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- natural, instinctive creative flair. Excellence in execution and attention to detail
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
#Character Is Everything