Software Tester - open to flexible working and returners
Software Tester (Automation), Advisory Corporate Finance Technology, Financial Advisory
Are you naturally curious about the world and making things better? We are. We make use of the deep heritage of Deloitte and the amazing Intellectual Property within the firm to challenge the old and influence what is yet to happen. We design and deliver technology assets that solve our clients’ most complex challenges in a swift and radical way through the agility of a start-up, within the ecosystem of a $35bn global business.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
To become the undisputed leader in professional services by 2020, Deloitte has made Innovation a centerpiece of its investment strategy. It is critical to solving our clients' toughest challenges; attracting and retaining the best talent and ultimately, ensuring the future success of our firm by turning disruption into opportunity.
To support this exciting strategic initiative, this is your opportunity to join Deloitte's growing Advisory Corporate Finance Technology (ACF Tech) team, based in London. ACF Tech harnesses innovative technology and the latest programming techniques to solve our clients’ most complex and immediate issues. The team designs and builds innovative solutions to critical business problems in corporate finance We provide specialist services to large and complex data-driven projects throughout the wider firm.
Our team comprises a group of specialists drawn from a wide range of different professional and technical backgrounds. If your background is in development, you will find opportunities to both grow your portfolio of skills and lead at what you do best. In return for your continued success, interest and commitment, we will provide you with a variety of interesting tasks, a comprehensive training program and a structured career path.
You will work closely with development communities across Financial Advisory and the wider firm to learn and collaborate with specialists from both technology and finance fields to deliver solutions that matter to our clients.
As a Software Tester (Automation), you will:
- Work collaboratively with the existing members of the Test team to define and create Manual and Automated test cases, while aligning with existing Test processes
- Strengthen the Test effort by providing technical insight into Automated Testing - specifically using Selenium with C#
- Continue to deliver robust and reliable testing, working with the Development team to achieve complete test coverage
- Help to generate efficient and effective test plans, using the tools, techniques and environments at your disposal to meet product test requirements
- Provide manual testing support, as required
- Be tenacious in your pursuit of software quality, and enforce the importance of appropriate testing where required
- Stay abreast of testing best practices, technology trends, tools and frameworks
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London with occasional travel to St Albans (and rare travel to other UK locations). With the option of working from home one day per week.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
- Software Testing
- Heavy usage of Selenium, specifically in C# (though other languages will be considered)
- Comprehensive understanding of Automated Testing best practices
- Working with cloud environments and tools e.g. Azure, AWS, Microsoft Hyper-V
- Working knowledge of test case management tools
- Implementing test plans and strategies in the successful delivery of complex and challenging software products
- Knowledge of both the Software Testing Life Cycle and Software Development Life Cycle
- Developing tests for functional and regression testing that includes manual, automated, performance and ad-hoc testing
- Experience of responsive cross-browser testing
- Experience of working with Agile (Scrum and/or Kanban) delivery methodologies
- TDD, BDD, Continuous Integration and release management
- Azure DevOps
- Working with creative teams
Your service line: Financial Advisory
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. This is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you’ll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.