Public Services Bid Assistant Manager, Open to flexible working
1 day left
- Contract Type
Join us and you’ll shape more than just your career
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insights empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
Grant Thornton is a key provider of professional services to every level of Government in the UK. Our rapidly growing Public Services division supports local authorities, the NHS, devolved government and Whitehall to deliver public policy and spending priorities valued at billions of pounds. Our audit work helps provide assurance that taxpayers are getting value for money, while our advisory work supports innovative projects in infrastructure, transport, social care, health and the environment.
The Public Sector Bids Assistant Manager will help the Public Services teams to understand, plan and tender successfully for public sector contracts. You will play a pivotal role in the on-going success of the division and its future growth plans by acting as proposals and bid support within the team.
Let’s talk about the job
If you have worked on proposals and tenders in the public sector, especially supporting the private or not for profit sectors to develop winning responses, you’ll fit right in. Here are some things you can expect from the Public Sector Bids Assistant Manager role.
- Take responsibility. A key role is to take charge of the bids process, reviewing and writing non-technical proposal documentation, working closely with subject matter experts and advising on public procurement processes. You will input and provide challenge at different stages. This includes generating content, locating relevant commercial knowledge and insight, and managing the design process. You will act as a point of contact for bid related queries including providing guidance and feedback to internal client teams who work on self-service proposals.
- Making quality second nature. This means being self-motivated and doing what’s right even when no one’s looking. The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients and our firm, with contracts potentially worth millions. There will be some admin to complete and monitor, but we pride ourselves on the high-level standards we have for the work that we do.
- Own your own work. The role will take a hands-on approach supporting fee earners with bid-no bid evaluation, project management, document production, bid meetings, tender submission ,presentation preparation and debrief. You will take up client tender opportunities by producing high quality responses and working with teams to ensure all aspects of the proposals meet the tender criteria.
- Be a part of a team. The Public Sector Bids Assistant Manager will be part of the wider Strategic Pursuits Team. You will work with the Public Sector Bids Senior Manager and the Bid Support Administrator to deliver high quality support for client-facing teams, while forming strong relationships with key stakeholders and wider teams across Marketing & Business Development.
- Build your brand. Given the importance of the role, this offers exciting opportunities for the right person to expand their knowledge and the team has a history of developing internal talent to progress. You will from strong relationships with key stakeholders and build a great understanding of our offerings across all service lines.
The minimum criteria
- You will have worked within a proposals or bids role previously, supporting winning public sector tenders
- You’ll be confident in managing internal stakeholders and projects
- You’ll be commercially aware, able to develop and articulate the winning messages that gives us the edge
Skills to set you apart
Here are a few more skills we are looking for. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box. It’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- Strong, demonstrable experience in writing proposals in a professional services or outsourcing environment
- Some experience of the public sector procurement regulations and tools (eg Frameworks and Dynamic Purchasing Systems) and how they operate in practice. Don’t worry, you won’t need to know the legal detail, but a high level understanding is useful.
- You will be an excellent communicator and be able to establish business relationships quickly and effectively
- Proven attention to detail and ability to challenge and inspire confidence
- Experience responding to bids/tenders that place weight on social value and other non-technical aspects of added value
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Share ideas and profits
Unlike most firms, we’re also a shared enterprise. So when the firm does well, everyone does well by taking home a share of the profits. Of course, to get those profits, we need to share ideas and share responsibility for our work, too.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.