Global Marketing Director RSV Older Adult, Open to flexible working
Are you looking for a senior level marketing role that shapes commercial strategy for a global brand? If so this Global Marketing Director (GMD) for RSV Older Adults role could be an exciting opportunity to explore.
As the GMD, reporting to the Vaccines Commercialization leader, you will play a critical role in the growing RSV OA team to develop and deliver against strategy, lead category building, branding strategy development and co-creation across functions and local operating countries. You will co-lead the development of a new category from ground zero and build a new compelling/differentiated global brand. This asset has the potential to make a significant impact on public health by meeting a truly unmet medical need and is looking for an experienced marketing director to support delivery of this ambition.
Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) in adults has been labelled 'A Hidden Annual Epidemic' by the National Foundation for Infectious Diseases. RSV is a widespread respiratory virus that is a leading cause of respiratory tract disease, hospitalization and death in older adults, adults with chronic heart or lung diseases and immunocompromised adults. RSV is responsible for 177,000 hospitalizations and 14,000 deaths annually in the US alone, coupled with no vaccine currently available, makes RSV one of our most significant remaining infectious disease unmet medical needs.
Following the positive PI/II results that established the safety and immunogenicity of the vaccine candidate in the target population, GSK has now started a Phase III RSV vaccines candidate program for older adults. The RSV OA candidate vaccine is a key late stage asset within the Global Vaccines Business. GSK is running a comprehensive Clinical Development program to support launches globally. 2021 is a critical year for the RSV OA candidate in terms of laying the foundation for the aspiration and identity of the product. The time is now to drive strategy, build launch plans, and prepare the organization for flawless launch execution.
This role gives YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Create detailed understanding of the market place, relevant customer stakeholder groups and translate into meaningful customer insight
- Develop segmentation and the behavioural/belief shift objectives for priority stakeholders (HCP, Pharmacy and Patients) in partnership with key cross functional partners and countries
- Develop the branding platform to deliver on behavioural/belief shift objectives inclusive of, insight, positioning, messaging platform and brand story
- Development of creative briefs to guide delivery of campaign development and relevant content creation
- Lead creation of integrated cross channel marketing mix
- Lead the commercialisation operational group with key cross functional and primary LOCs
- Agency management
- Budget management
- Support development/refinement of Integrated Asset Planning work packages, working with cross functional teams as approach C2FL
- Drive culture of trust, respect, transparency and accountability
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree, BA/BS
- Experiences with in-line and pre/peri-launch commercial above country roles with
- Senior leader stakeholder engagement; strong "storytelling" capabilities (written/oral)
- Strong business and scientific acumen
- Local operating country level experience (US, EU)
- Matrix team leadership and influencing skills
- Branding strategy development, messaging, campaign, creative development experience
- Tactical and operating plan experience
- Agency management
- Budget management
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Previous regional/global experience
- Track record of leading cross functionally and across geographies without direct authority
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Thrives working in fast paced, complex and often ambiguous environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient
- Demonstrated sense of ownership and accountability for the shared success of the team and asset
- strong learning agility and demonstrated ability to manage complexity
- Ability to prioritize, pivot, and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, across all levels of the organization
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk, governance and control, managing ambiguity and paradox.
- Managing individual performance.
- Creating a performance culture and driving results, prioritisation, execution, delivering performance.
- Setting strategic direction and leading on-going organisational transformation.
- Building a resilient organisation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration in service of common goals, engaging the organisation and building trusted external networks for mutual benefit.
- Managing P&L and capital allocation.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.