Tech Security & Risk SOX Manager, Open to flexible working
Are you a Sarbanes-Oxley compliance specialist with a proven background in control design and testing with strong leadership skills? If so, read on...
GSK have a new role for a Tech Security & Risk SOX Manager on a full-time permanent basis.
As the Tech Security & Risk SOX Manager you will work within the GSK Tech Security & Risk organisation to provide services and expertise to enable risk based, compliant, efficient and value driven Technology Delivery. The successful candidate will have strong leadership skills with significant experience of control design and testing.
This role involves the management of critical Technology controls for in-scope SOX processes and systems. You will be reporting to the Tech Security & Risk Director, Compliance.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
Working within the Tech Security & Risk function the role will:
- Perform and support testing of Technology General Controls and Automated Controls for in scope systems to support the SOX Testing strategy (ITGC).
- Liaise with the external auditors to support their testing.
- Define and maintain Technology design standards for SOX compliance.
- Supporting Technology application owners to maintain compliance with Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
The Tech Security & Risk Manager has responsibilities within the Tech Security & Risk SOX Service, including:
- Understanding Technology processes, identify risks & controls and defining monitoring tests.
- Leading and managing the planning and execution of Technology SOX testing for applications and infrastructure across the Global Technology organisation.
- Managing 3rd party Technology SOX testing service.
- Liaising with external auditors during testing phases and ongoing throughout the year.
- Timely reporting of SOX testing results to relevant stakeholders.
- Tracking and reporting of outstanding actions relating to SOX findings.
- Working with Technology tool owners for processes supporting SOX compliance (e.g. change control and access management) to develop strong remediation plans and address issues in a timely manner.
- Providing consultation to Technology and Finance to enable SOX compliance for financial applications.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Degree level education in relevant field
- Significant experience in general Technology controls and automated controls testing for Sarbanes Oxley or general Technology audit (ITGC)
- Significant experience of analysing situations to identify issues and facilitate the generation of remediation plans
- Proven capability in Risk Management and Internal Controls
- Proven experience working and influencing cross functionally
- Experience of working with external auditors on control and SOX testing
- Strong and clear communication skills - verbal and written
- Ability to engage with leadership teams
- Sense of urgency
- Excellent leadership capability to manage people and processes
- Innovative thinking to drive changes and process improvements
- Matrix management and global management skills
- Ability to work in a complex and multi-cultural environment
- Excellent business acumen, analytical, and financial skill
- Experience of SAP or other ERP / Financial applications.
- Experience of Archer, Service Now &/ CyberArk applications.
- Experience of Cloud and other 'as a service' solutions
- CRISC, CISA or other relevant qualification
We are open to global locations; some working hour flexibility will be required if not operating on UK/European time zones.
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you are being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.