Global WD IT Services Lead, Open to flexibility
Global WD IT Services Lead, Open to flexibility
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare.
The company has a significant global presence with operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 87 manufacturing sites in 36 countries, and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Belgium and China.
Over the last few years GSK has implemented Workday globally, bringing together for the first time all the data on our 100,000 employees. It's now time to move the agenda forward with a focus on all HR systems - including the Workday evolution - to use new technologies to enhance the customer experience and help our staff to meet their objectives to Do More, Feel Better and Live Longer.
In the role of Global Workday IT Services Lead, you will occupy a key position, to lead, holistically, the services offered to support the global HCM solution, Workday end to end. You will manage a team primarily in the UK, US and Poland to support the principle customer within GSK which are the market and central HR teams.
You will manage senior HR stakeholders as well as the operational relationship with Workday and will provide input into the support strategy for business areas by working with the IT business partner group and the business.
The role will be based in West London at our corporate head office.
You will lead, holistically, the services offered to support the global HCM solution, Workday end to end. You will have accountability and ownership for the production system, ensuring the integrity is maintained and the system remains compliant to GSK policy, process and local legislation.
The services included in the role are:
- System support and error resolution
- Organisation Management
- Change control and testing
- Data security and user management
- Integration support and monitoring
- Cyclic HR process delivery (P&R; PDP; etc)
- System support for the US Payroll
- Manage risks associated with a global HCM platform
You will manage senior HR stakeholders as well as the operational relationship with Workday, ensure the services offered to HR remain of a high standard and to agreed service levels and will be held accountable through regular service reviews. You will also be accountable for the governance related to change to the production system and to ensure our responsibilities related to audit activities are fully compliant.
In this role you will provide input into support strategy for a business area or function by working closely with the IT business partner group and business. This will include providing advice on the split of support tiers for applications.
You will lead and develop the team, ensuring the relevant skill sets are in place to minimise risk to GSK as we develop and embed change and that we keep up with new functionality delivered by workday.
It will be necessary to to operate with continuous improvement in mind, growing the product to meet the demands of HR and the opportunities that a single global HCM platform deliver.
- Build and lead a team of specialists to support the workday services to HR teams globally.
- Manage the risks associated with HR systems, including data privacy and access control
- Ensure the system remains compliant to GSK policy and local legislation
- Ensure data passing to downstream systems through integrations is efficient, accurate and secure
- Participate and manage all audit activity, internally and externally related to the workday product.
- Work with GSK Infrastructure teams to ensure workday remains available to our customers as advertised.
- Manage change activity, including workday delivered change, into the production service in a compliant and efficient manner
- Build capability within the IT HR team with regards to workday services and influence the training standards for HR teams globally.
- Ensure the organisation structure within workday accurately reflects the business organisation design.
- Promote system advocacy within GSK and build strong relationships with workday as a supplier and their client base to maximise the use of functionality for our business.
You may apply for this position online by clicking the 'Apply' button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.