Part time European Legal Counsel
Part time European Legal Counsel in South West London
Our client is an innovative, creative and entrepreneurial FMCG company and they are looking for a Legal Counsel to provide effective, commercially focused legal advice to the European team on a broad range of topics and issues that arise in the marketing and sale of consumer products.
Candidates will be qualified lawyers with over 5 years of PQE in an in-house commercial legal role, or in private practice with FMCG clients.
They will have experience and confidence in drafting and advising clients on all types of commercial contracts, including multi-jurisdictional transactions.
Previous experience working in two of the following areas: marketing/advertising, commercial contracts, consumer law, trademarks and regulatory compliance
Additional experience in the following areas would be a benefit: data protection, distribution law, social responsibility and competition law
- Negotiate and draft strategic agreements, including sales, distribution, procurement, marketing and services agreements and maintain templates that comply with company policies and local law.
- Provide legal advice on advertising campaigns and marketing copy, including marketing strategy, copy clearance, label review, Advertising Standards Authority issues, competitor and consumer complaints and coordinate with country experts in Europe.
- Participate in the design, implementation and enforcement of company polices and processes to ensure legal compliance with internal policies as well as applicable laws and regulations, including corporate governance, social responsibility, competition law, privacy and data protection law, anti-bribery laws and labour and employment regulations.
- Coordinate relationships with outside counsel and manage legal budget for Europe.
- Assist in the maintenance of company intellectual property in Europe, including trademarks and patents.
- Support internal business groups on rolling out and expanding the company’s business in new markets, including conduct regulatory reviews and analysis.
European language skills (Dutch, French, German) would be useful (not essential)
There will be a small amount of planned European travel (circa 3 times a year)
Location: SW London
Salary: £80K FTE basic plus bens
Flexibility: 3 days a week (Tues-Thurs)