Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer - Part time2667
Engineering, cloud infrastructure, central London, part time
Our client is a global engineering firm offering a broad range of professional and consulting services.
They are seeking a Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer on a part time basis to join their small but rapidly growing team of developers, data engineers and data scientists, and visualisation and UX practitioners. The primary focus will be an ambitious and exciting R&D project, but the tools, practices, and culture they put in place will have an impact across the company, globally.
In this role you will design, develop, deploy and help operate the global cloud infrastructure that supports applications and services to clients. You will bring technical excellence and a passion for building and operating scalable, secure, distributed systems, and automating these wherever possible.
You know that adoption of cloud computing is as much about ways of working as it is about the technology, and have demonstrable experience of leading and mentoring others on this journey.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
• Expert, demonstrable experience (typically around 5+ years) in cloud computing platforms, preferably AWS.
• Linux system administration, including common services e.g. database and web servers, load balancing, auto-scaling.
• Network design and configuration, e.g. VPCs, VPNs, routing.
• A talent for designing effective, resilient, distributed system architectures.
• Demonstrable experience of designing and operating secure cloud environments.
• Extensive experience with Infrastructure-as-Code and configuration management principles and tools, e.g. Terraform, CloudFront, Chef, Puppet, Ansible.
• Experience of developing continuous integration/deployment workflows and tools, and supporting others in using these.
• Experience designing monitoring solutions for high availability production environments.
• Extensive experience with agile methodologies, test-driven development.
• A highly rigorous mindset and approach to your work.
• Bachelors degree in a numerate discipline.
• Experience of mentoring and leading others.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
• Experience supporting big data analytics frameworks (e.g. YARN, Hadoop, Spark), message queuing frameworks (e.g. Kafka), and distributed databases (e.g. Cassandra, ElasticSearch).
- Flexibility - 4 or 5 days a week (with flexible working patterns available)
- Salary - up to £65K FTE plus bens
- Location - Central London