Facilities Director - R&D - open to flexible working
Facilities Director - R&D
Weybridge / Maidenhead, UK
Are you energized by a leadership role that requires strategic thinking and extensive internal and external engagement? If so, this Facilities Director - R&D role could be an exciting opportunity to explore.
The Facilities Director - R&D provides strategic leadership for the operations and engineering function. The role is responsible for the management and delivery of services and infrastructure across the site(s), whilst ensuring that these services support and facilitate all business operations. The role will serve as the primary liaison with the local businesses and stakeholders. The infrastructure and services at the site level are provided by contract partners, and as such, he/she will ensure: effective local governance of the contracted relationships; service delivery remains quality, safety and customer focused; robust infrastructure; and effective Service Performance management.
This exciting role will provideyouthe opportunity to lead key activities to progressyourcareer, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Fully responsible for the services, facilities operations, infrastructure and project delivery across the site(s).
- Uphold and ensure compliance with internal GSK policies, standards, procedures and relevant external regulatory requirements with respect to Quality, Statutory and Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) requirements. Ensure that the Engineering function and activity is a safe place to work and 'inspection ready' at all times.
- Act as key GSK contact with external community, government, or other agencies at a regional, site or local level.
- Duty Holder for external license or statutory Duty Holder requirements in WREF areas of responsibility. This includes Duty Holder for High Severity Risks,
- Responsible for all capital project and maintenance contractors to ensure they are in compliance with national, local and GSK standards.
- Establish relationships with key senior GSK management, customers and Service Providers to enable the successful delivery of services.
- Chair, or otherwise, lead a site-level operations team to include key stakeholders, business partners and Service Providers. Responsible for local contract governance; monitor and achieve performance metrics and Service Level Agreements; manage performance to ensure compliance with the contract terms.
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- A strong background in directing facility operations, engineering services and/or capital projects in a highly regulated R&D environment.
- Customer focused and able to demonstrate an understanding of business needs analysis and customer relationship management.
- Outstanding leadership and managerial skills to motivate and influence senior GSK executives and managers in a demanding and rapidly evolving environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and persuasive skills to successfully interact with managers at all levels. Ability to manage internal relations with site customer base.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with key external contract partners, to deliver appropriate site services in agreement with established contracts.
- Ability to think and act strategically. Initiate and engage in long-term planning.
- Demonstrates knowledge across multiple Facilities Management disciplines.
- Acts as a role model for applying standards to ensure compliance.
- Technical expertise to communicate and manage complex, technical issues. Can translate technical data, see basic relationships and articulate key messages.
- Displays knowledge of the Research & Development process and understands GxP requirements as applicable depending on site(s) within remit.
- Financially literate to manage budgets for cost centers, Capex and P&L.
- 'Enterprise Thinking' to effectively direct all activities across sites or region.
- Understanding of the regulatory standards which apply to R&D and Commercial facilities in the areas of health, safety, environment and quality and how these are impacted by engineering.
- Minimum Level of Education: The job holder should have degree level education and be able to demonstrate extensive competence in the operational engineering / compliance field. Chartered Engineer status in a relevant engineering discipline is preferred level of education. For Commercial facilities that are Landlord-owned, degree in business, finance (or equivalent) is accepted.
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about youbeingmotivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course ofyourapplicationyou will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process. If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your abilityto perform the jobrequirementsplease contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.