Scientific Leader: Trust in Science (Oncology), Open to flexible working
Are you looking to be help select the next generation of Oncology novel targets? If so, this Scientific Leader: Trust in Science role could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
The Trust in Science Initiative within the GSK Oncology organization is seeking an experienced scientist to provide management and oversight of multiple projects that provide key biology for the discovery/validation of novel Oncology targets through collaborations primarily in South America.
The candidate must effectively communicate with internal and external partners and maintain an organized portfolio through active monitoring to ensure compliance with GSK ways of operating. The candidate must understand the biological aims and objectives of multiple programs and ensure alignment with GSK goals in Oncology and Immunology pipelines. A demonstrated ability to manage a different range of matrix teams. Portuguese or Spanish language skills are an advantage.
The successful candidate will play a key role in maturing Target ID/Validation to assist GSK's growing pipeline of cancer therapies. Must be able to work within a dynamic environment and be able to readily transform diverse options into tangible/prioritized activities with disciplined milestone objectives.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
- Program lead business unit services, ensuring the project operation is meeting business needs.
- Identify the needs for change across the current end-to-end process, seeking to simplify and enhance customer experience.
- Communicating a clear vision to stakeholders, planning and prioritizing key objectives for the business.
- Gain deep insight into business and customer needs, benchmarking GSK verses the competition.
- Implement and embed the team's broader business unit vision over the broader operation and cross functionally.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- PhD in Oncology or Immunology related field with 5+ years post-doctoral or equivalent experience.
- Experience in managing in a matrix environment.
- Ability to manage external collaborations and build communication networks across R&D and with internal and external partners.
- Significant expertise defining/executing oncology target discovery/validation and pre-clinical experimental medicines development in multiple modalities
- Existing record of established scientific relationships/collaborations with academic partners in oncology.
- Track record of representing scientific accountability across internal matrix teams, external collaborators and upper management.
- Understanding process in progressing therapies for cancer through pre-clinical milestones and supporting critical path mechanistic biology for clinical stage assets.
- Ability to represent others effectively in scientific presentations to and negotiations with external organizations.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Strong peer-reviewed publication record, public speaking / presentation and/or inventorship record.
- 5+ years pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry research and leadership experience
- Willing and able to travel for direct participation in collaboration establishment and maintenance.
- Spanish or Portuguese language skills are an advantage.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
*This is a job description to aide in the job posting, but does not include all job evaluation details.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.