Head of Change Comms, Best Practice & Planning Ops
This new role will lead three strategic and critical areas within GSK's busy global internal engagement team. Firstly building and then being the guardian of world-class change communications methodologies and capabilities to support business critical change work across the company; secondly, guiding and driving best practice across all element of internal communications for the broad internal engagement community; and thirdly, this role will oversee all elements of planning - making sure we keep relentless focus on the work that's going to make the biggest difference to the company and our patients and consumers, plus how we manage seamless communication delivery against the company's Innovation, Performance, Trust and Culture priorities (IPTc).
Reporting into GSK's VP, Global Internal Engagement, this role will also play a key role on the enterprise-wide Internal Engagement Leadership Team (IELT), using it as a forum for input and influence, also taking responsibility for operational running of the monthly meetings.
If you're interested in joining a dynamic team which is playing a huge role in driving change for the company, which motivates employees every day through exciting and authentic storytelling and content. A team that's obsessed by data and insights, so our work becomes more and more effective, and a team which is known for exemplary teamwork and care for each other, then please let us know.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Provides strategic counsel and advice on change communications for CGA and where relevant senior leaders overseeing major transformational change for GSK
- Enables effective change by:
- defining the methodology, style and approach (including measurement) for change communications at GSK
- providing best-in-class strategic change comms advice to support agreed company transformation priorities, and driving consistent use of this best practice across the organisation
- managing provision of advice and self-service - including the development of toolkits, templates and frameworks to support change communications
- work seamlessly and regularly collaborate and align with other GSK change partners to ensure flexibility and adjustment in line with changing transformation needs (this includes CGA's data & analytics team to ensure robust measurement and evaluation to maximise impact and GSK's enterprise change management team)
- Defines capabilities required to deploy change communications, creates a best practice change agency roster, advises the business on specialist profiles and capabilities required for project support, and feeds into resourcing and agency selection where required
- Creates a best practice repository of Internal Engagement tools, framework and policies for business and communications leaders throughout the organisation (including but not limited to trusted Internal Engagement advisory skills, Internal Engagement campaign planning, guidance and use of Internal Engagement measurement methodologies and tools, Internal Engagement governance and planning)
- Drives IE capability building (including creating a capability framework, overseeing IE development programme, and upskilling the engagement community, Senior Leaders and Managers)
- Drives consistent, effective use of best practice approaches across the organisation, ensuring consistent high quality and efficient delivery of employee engagement
- Ensures visibility and alignment between Internal Engagement and the wider CGA priorities and planning
- Owns, manages and oversees all IE operations and planning, including but not limited to:
- functional master planning
- resource management -drawing on third party support as and when required, managing the Internal Engagement agency roster and associated costs
- the overall agency roster for the wider Enterprise IE team
- governance and planning for enterprise Internal Engagement LT and any cross-CGA IPTc internal engagement huddles
- managing the enterprise IE editorial calendar, air traffic control, and Quarterly Engagement Priorities evolution and implementation, embedding a planning approach, and measuring and reporting against Internal Engagement KPIs
- aligning closely with the IE IPTc Campaigns Lead to shape plans, and keeping the Digital team (and other CGA teams as required) updated on IE plans and requirements to ensure maximum alignment and coherence
- Plans delivery against the global Internal Engagement strategy, including channel and content strategies, making sure there is full alignment with GSK's corporate calendar
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE - 26th of April 2020
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Experience of creating and delivering successful change communication strategies and driving best practice Internal Engagement for global organisations
- Budget and planning responsibilities
- Deep expertise in successful communications to support major transformations in global organisations
- Experience in functional planning, and managing capability upskill throughout the organisation by providing best practice insight, tools and frameworks.
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills - with the ability to flex to a diverse set of audiences (from junior level to that of the highest level of the organisation)
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to successfully manage a team
- Event management experience
- Budget management expertise
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.