Business Development Executive: flexi-time | part-time
Bespoke Driver Training Ltd is a small business with big ideas and a world of experience in road and security risks management through driver education. Our clients range from individuals with a need for specialist driving skills, to organisations as diverse as the emergency services, oil companies, international security companies, the EU and UNICEF.
This new office-based business development role is about prospecting for new business and building increasingly profitable relationships with existing clients. The role represents a great opportunity for someone with a proven (tele)marketing or (tele)sales background to take on real responsibility, working closely with our managing director to drive ambitious growth plans.
Offered as an office-based part-time role with flexible hours, there is the potential for the incumbent to progress into a full-time senior management role.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify business development opportunities and prospect for new business
- Develop a deep understanding of the business, clients, prospects and competitors
- Develop and deliver creative pitches to different market segments using the telephone, email, website and social media
- Track and evaluate own progress against agreed business development objectives
- Utilise our CRM system (Hubspot) and a blend of inbound and outbound marketing activities to drive growth in sales
- Our business is small but growing, and everyone within it is expected to contribute to the team, sometimes undertaking other duties required by the managing director.
Required skills, attributes, knowledge and experience
- enthusiastic driver with a full (car) driving licence
- excellent spoken and written English
- warm, confident, professional and helpful telephone manner
- persistent and resourceful
- highly organised and self-directive
- an entrepreneurial outlook, able to identify opportunities and generate ideas, before analysing them for strengths and weaknesses
- computer literate (including email, social media [Facebook and LinkedIn] and, ideally, CRM software)
- able to generate engaging content and sales copy for our website, and for distribution via email and social media
- proven and verifiable outbound (tele)marketing or (tele)sales experience in a B2B environment.
- flexible working hours
- twenty four days annual leave (pro-rata)
- free and secure off-road parking
- comprehensive, structured onboarding
- own office in a pleasant, rural business park (on the north western outskirts of Gloucester city) with the option of some homeworking if preferred
- working closely with an informal, supportive boss who works to live (not lives to work!) and values lifelong learning
- opportunities for professional and personal development in a small business culture with a start-up vibe
- real prospects for promotion into a full-time senior management position
- competitive salary and incentives, including uncapped commission.