Manager, Treasury Technology Advisory Services - open flexible working and returners
Manager, Treasury Technology Advisory Services - TMS, Financial Advisory
As a Manager within Deloitte's Treasury Technology Advisory Services team you will have the opportunity to help expand a business focused on serving Corporate Treasury functions with their most complex financial and treasury challenges. Our Treasury Advisory team provides a full range of treasury operating framework, banking, payments and cash management, risk management, systems, technology and reporting solutions to the world's leading multinational corporations.
We are currently seeking a talented individual with experience and knowledge in Treasury Management System (TMS) technology solutions in order to help us to build and meet our rapidly increasing client opportunities in this area. You will be part of a team that is highly motivated, has an excellent track record of delivering high quality work to a broad range of clients and has ambitious growth plans for the next few years. At the same time, you will be encouraged to initiate and develop new ideas.
You will join us with a focus on developing our market-leading treasury technology practice, whilst providing input into our continuing development of thought leadership and our market position.
Required areas of professional expertise include competence and familiarity/experience in Professional Services work relating to some of the below market leading platforms and protocols:
• FIS Quantum
• Other related treasury landscape platforms such as SAP, trading platforms, market data platforms, SWIFT, cash forecasting platforms, etc
• Various file formats and connectivity protocols such as XML, SWIFT MT, BAI, FTP/SFTP, host-to-host, API etc
Strong advisory skills and practical experience of the corporate and/or banking treasury environment would also be an advantage.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
Our Treasury Advisory Services team has grown exponentially in the past few years and continues to identify a range of exciting growth opportunities for high quality strategic and practical treasury advice. This role will be mainly client-based, developing teams and leading / supporting technology transformational work and change engagements as well as some business development responsibilities.
The work on offer to applicants at Manager level includes:
• Delivering technology-led treasury services in all aspects of the treasury framework to ensure that appropriate solutions are developed for clients.
• Contributing to our market propositions, industry trends and continued thought leadership, understanding current and emerging products/services and help drive innovation in our client solutions.
• Involvement with business development activities including identifying opportunities and preparing and presenting pitches to clients.
• Building a network of treasury connects as a trusted adviser, and developing relationships with external product and service providers.
• Supporting role in developing client relationships and driving growth of the business.
Strong communication and client management skills are key elements to this role as you will be advising senior personnel on a day to day basis. As an integral member of the group and of the firm you will provide support both in delivery and business development initiatives.
We are focused on ensuring that your client portfolio meets your experience, personality and career aspirations and this in turn enables you to deliver the highest possible standard of work and the flexibility in creating a career path that matches your expectations.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
The role may involve travel and will require the flexibility to meet peaks of work inherent in the cycle of a deal. We specify full mobility for our financial advisory roles but we make arrangements respectfully. Working from home days are available and flexible depending on clients, deadlines, and projects.
Work pattern: This is a permanent full-time opportunity.
Your professional experience
To be considered, you will ideally possess TMS market knowledge and Treasury technology experience, along with some or all of the following attributes;
1. Awareness of leading Treasury Management System platforms, inter-connectivity with other related platforms/services and how their modules are applied to deliver improvements; likely to have been gained either by working for a vendor’s Professional Services practice or having played a significant role in a TMS implementation project(s).
2. Previous treasury management knowledge and experience preferably from a leading consultancy.
3. Industry experience gained ideally within the treasury department of a large corporate, covering all treasury management aspects at mid-to senior management level.
4. Should be familiar with the emerging trends, needs and challenges of current treasury functions including technology, connectivity, cash and liquidity management, banking, payments/collections, reporting and risk management across Front, Middle and Back office.
5. Experience of working within a project environment either leading or as part of a team.
6. Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to interact successfully with clients and other professionals across the firm.
7. Critical mind-set, with a natural desire and ability to ask probing questions and get to the bottom of challenges.
8. Excellent analytical skills and ability to write structured reports that explain complex matters in a logical and easy to understand manner to non-treasury professionals.
9. Open mind-set to do a wide range of work as required to help a small but successful team expand.
10. Desire to work in an advisory consulting environment and build a business and a career in professional services.
11. Likely to have, or be studying for, a treasury management qualification (AMCT / MCT).
Above all though, we want your enthusiasm, energy and imagination to contribute to the team and what it can achieve.
Your service line: Financial Advisory
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you’ll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
• We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
• We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
• We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
• We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
• We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 181529