Senior Manager: Marketing Campaigns - open to flexibility
Ready to head up the Marketing & Campaigns team for the Mayor of London?
The Mayor is looking for an exceptional communicator who can lead marketing campaigns at City Hall, ensuring all Londoners are aware of the Mayor’s policies and programmes and how to participate in their city.
You would be leading a team of communications specialists whose job it is to make sure Londoners know what the Mayor is doing for London and how they can get involved.
You’ll work alongside the Senior Manager for Creative to deliver the new marketing and creative strategy for the Mayor. Your main responsibilities will be:
- Developing and leading the marketing strategy.
- Leading the team to deliver all our integrated marketing campaigns across key policy areas and public engagement events, working closely with press and digital colleagues and the Mayor’s Office.
- Managing our marketing services agencies – creative, research and media planning – including procurement and monitoring progress.
- Managing the central marketing budget.
You need to have a track record of working on high profile campaigns which have changed behaviour and/or outcomes for people. You must have a deep understanding of digital communications and how it fits in the channel mix, as well as experience of offline marketing and engagement.
Audience insight will be integral to your planning process and you’ll know how to lead a team through proposition building and campaign planning. You’ll be a trusted advisor on all marketing and communications issues and trends.
You’ll be working on critical policy-led campaigns like housing and knife-crime, as well as flagship city promotion campaigns like #LondonIsOpen, and major events such as the New Year’s Eve Fireworks Display, and activity aimed at uniting London behind the Mayor’s vision, such as championing gender equality – it’s a rewarding and diverse portfolio of work.
You’ll be liaising with multiple policy teams, building an in-depth knowledge of the workings of City Hall, so you’ll need to thrive in a complex political environment and have a passion for London. You’ll want to be part of a team that supports the Mayor to lead the most transparent, engaged and accessible administration, and to represent every single community and every single part of our city.
This is a rare opportunity to join a high profile and well respected team at a time when the creative and marketing strategy is being redefined.
You’ll need to have the following skills and experience:
- Delivering integrated communications and marketing campaigns.
- Robust experience of creative marketing, social policy campaigns, behaviour change and working with PR/in-house media teams.
- A digital leader – confident on digital trends, social media, visual channels and email.
- Experience of media planning and buying, and subsequent evaluation.
- Experience of using audience insight to build propositions and follow through to campaign development and delivery.
- A seasoned stakeholder manager, confident dealing with senior politicians and advisors.
- Significant experience of leading communications planning across a complex organisation, and managing the delivery of that plan.
London's diversity is its biggest asset and we strive to ensure our workforce reflects London's diversity at all levels. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith or disability.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We would welcome applications from candidates who are seeking part time work as this role is open to job share. We will also consider reduced hours arrangements –(minumum 32 hours per week).
In addition to a good salary package, we offer an attractive range of benefits including 30 days’ annual leave, interest free season ticket loan, interest free bicycle loan, childcare voucher scheme and a career average pension scheme.
If you have a question about the role or the recruitment process then please contact a member of the recruitment team via email on email@example.com quoting reference GLA2526
Please note we do not accept CV’s for this role. All applications for this vacancy must be submitted via our online recruitment system.