Audit and Assurance, Independent Risk Reviewer and Remote Audit Manager, Centre of Excellence
6 days left
- Contract Type
Audit and Assurance, Independent Risk Reviewer and Remote Audit Manager, Centre of Excellence (Part time/ Full time)
(Qualified Auditors / Accountants required to work in an office-based role at our Audit Centre of Excellence in Newcastle). Part time and full time applications welcome.
As part of our drive to deliver Distinctive Audit to our clients, we have established Centres of Excellence to support our client engagement teams throughout the UK. We now have opportunities for Managers to perform a joint role, managing remote audits and performing independent risk reviews (in External Audit). You will develop best practice and play a key role in helping deliver a high quality service to our clients.
As a qualified accountant with external audit and accounts experience, you’ll have the strong technical and risk management skills to perform Professional Standard Reviews (PSR). Liaising daily with our client engagement teams, you’ll provide them with remote support in completing risk management and quality reviews associated with the audit of statutory accounts. You will also maintain a small portfolio of remote audit clients in an office based role, requiring next to no travel to client sites.
Our established training programmes will provide you with an opportunity to develop both your technical and soft skills and, our internal technical training is recognised for CPE credit purposes by all the major professional institutes. No travel is required for the role and agile working can be requested.
This is a permanent role. We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is interesting as a permanent role with a degree of flexibility please do discuss with us. Part time and full time applications welcome.
You will be based in the Deloitte Newcastle office with very limited travel.
As a Manager within the Audit and Assurance practice you will have responsibility for:
- Managing key audit relationships across our International corporate business stream in a remote manner;
- Leading audit teams through use of the Deloitte Audit Delivery Centres;
- Ensuring all regulatory changes are implemented and complied with both internally and on client engagements;
- Having a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing workloads through the Audit Delivery Centres and the strategies to overcome them;
- Conduct research ahead of and during client engagements;
- Prepare and discuss controls and procedures with audit clients and report evidence found;
- Performing an independent risk focused review of the statutory accounts, group reporting and the underlying audit work on audit clients outside of your audit client portfolio;
- When doing the independent risk review, holding constructive discussions, challenging senior members of the engagement team on the appropriateness of and approach to identified audit risks;
- Challenging the engagement team on your risk reviews, to ensure that results of testing and judgements are adequately documented;
- Completion of GAAP compliance reviews of statutory accounts to ensure compliance with applicable accounting standards;
- Providing added value for engagement teams and the wider audit practice, supporting them in delivering the ‘distinctive client experience’ by collating insights and considering their wider communication throughout the firm;
- Having a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture;
To qualify for the role you must have:
- ACA/ACCA qualification (or equivalent)
- Thorough knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS
- Previous accounting and auditing experience
- Comprehensive/thorough knowledge of International Standards on Auditing
- Ability to constructively challenge, Articulate and able to demonstrate discretion
- Understanding of risk management, professional scepticism and attention to detail
- Able to display initiative, proactivity, professionalism and confidence
- Diligence, hardworking and co-operation to be an effective member of the team
- Articulate and able to demonstrate discretion
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure with a flexible approach
We are Audit and Assurance
We understand our clients' operations, their industry and the issues they face. We understand an audit is not about looking back, but about helping those businesses to plan for a successful future. Together with our team you will build on our distinctive combination of specialist skills, pioneering technology, industry expertise and on-going investment to grow our business and continue to improve the market-defining services we offer.
Our Practice offers a wide ranging and challenging number of business areas in which to develop your career. These comprise business assurance within our Corporate Groups, Public Sector and Financial Services Audit groups, and advisory specialisms including Treasury Advisory, Risk Analytics and Technology Consulting.
As one of the largest audit practices, joining us will mean working with some of the leading practitioners in the industry, for some of the leading organisations in the world and towards a career goal that is entirely yours to shape.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families.
Your application – what to expect
To be considered for this role follow the link to complete our online application form. We will call you to find out more about you and then if we think we’re the right place for you, we’ll invite you in to meet us face to face - it’s a great chance for us to learn more about each other.
It’s your career. Where will it take you?
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 135055