Share Plan Manager - Part time 4 days per week - Flexible Contract
We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.
This role is open specifically for people who are looking to work on a flexible contract.
We know everyone’s lives are different and that traditional working patterns may not be quite right for you. Whether you’ve taken a career break, had time out to support family or are looking to balance your career with another passion of yours, we can offer you a flexible contract to work the pattern that suits you.
- Part time contract (4 days per week)
Once you’ve joined the firm you will have access to training, giving you the opportunity to upskill yourself on our various systems. You’ll also benefit from additional support designed to help you integrate into the firm and connect and build relationships with other flexible workers across our network.
Our Reward and Employment team sits within our People and Organisation (P&O) network, as part of our wider Tax and Legal practice. P&O is built up of specialist teams who provide advice and support to manage organisational and people challenges, delivering tailored solutions to each of our clients.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a manager with share plan experience (especially with listed companies) to join our team in the South (based in the Reading office but location is flexible). We provide consulting services, technical advice and analysis on all aspects of incentive plan design, global implementation, deals advice and compliance. Our clients include FTSE100 clients and large overseas parented groups as well as smaller private businesses. The successful candidate will be required to work as part of a regional and multi-disciplined team, advising a broad range of clients on all aspects of reward.
We believe that PwC has the strongest and most highly-integrated group in this area of services in the market and this breadth of capability provides unparalleled access to a high quality client base that will support fantastic personal and career growth for the successful candidate.
- Managing and delivering projects and having an appreciation of the risks involved to plan ahead, prioritise and document decisions, involving senior staff as appropriate
- Using your tax knowledge and experience of global tax regimes to help provide clear and practical advice to our clients
- Working collaboratively and managing a team and contributing to the development of your own and the team’s technical, financial and commercial acumen
- Proactively assisting in the management of a portfolio of clients
- Drafting technically complex advice and supervising the work of junior staff (managing their personal and technical development, undertaking research and analysis)
- Developing a personal network of contacts internally and externally and actively promote=ing the PwC brand
- Actively targeting and evaluating opportunities for developing new client opportunities and services and supporting client proposal activities
- Being self-reliant and confident in dealing with fast moving events and developing strategies to solve complex technical challenges
- You will be responsible for building close relationships with a wide range of clients, working both independently and in a team. You will benefit from a progressive environment and will be encouraged to develop client relationships, technical and people management skills.
Essential skills and experience
- UK professional qualification (CTA, ACA or legal qualification with tax experience) or overseas equivalent
- Good share plan technical knowledge and experience
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills
- A commitment to delivering great client service
- Good communication skills, written and oral
- Strong project management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks
- Ability to work flexibly in a regional team and through virtual networks
- Able to apply good judgement, consult appropriately and manage risks
- Resilient, able to work to deadlines
- Encouraging and motivational to junior staff
- Strong analytical skills in terms of understanding the interaction of processes, technologies and people
- An interest in technology and the benefits that it can bring in terms of efficiency, control and informational capabilities
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.