Manager, Business Modelling & Analytics Group, open to flexible working and returners
Manager, Business Modelling & Analytics Group, Financial Advisory, London, Birmingham or Manchester
Working with our Business Modelling & Analytics Group, as part of the firm's Financial Advisory practice, will position you to provide advice and support on all aspects of business modelling and analysis on a broad range of engagements to enable better decision making.
At Deloitte we are renowned for our innovative and collaborative culture, commitment to delivering outstanding quality service to clients and enabling our people to excel in everything they do. Business Modelling & Analytics is fully integrated into the "One Deloitte" agenda and you will often find yourself working on large and exciting cross service line transactions and projects.
Benefiting from high levels of client exposure and learning from some of the top practitioners in the business modelling and data analysis field, you will expand your skills into the full business modelling service.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
This is your opportunity to join Deloitte's market-leading Business Modelling & Analytics Group. You will benefit from working with one of the most experienced teams in the field and will gain wide exposure to blue chip clients (corporate and public sector) and financiers working across a wide range of sectors.
You will be working in diverse project teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
The team is currently looking for a Manager to join their team.
You will be responsible for:
• Strategic options
• Strategic business planning
• Feasibility studies
• Business cases
• Mergers & acquisitions
• Carve out & divestment
• Corporate and financial restructuring
• Working capital and cash flow management
• Post merger integration
• Cost reduction programmes
We have particular focus on the following industry sectors:
• Financial Services
• Infrastructure and Capital Programmes
• Consumer Business
• Real Estate
• Energy and Resources
• Government and Public Sector
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London, Birmingham or Manchester with occasional domestic and international travel.
Work pattern: Permanent full-time
Your professional experience
• Previous experience of working in a financial modelling team within a professional services firm or large corporate
• Developing and/or reviewing models where a key output was integrated financial statements
• Previous experience of working in one of our focus industry sectors
• ACA Exam qualified (or equivalent), ideally with first time passes, or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience
• Have strong academic achievements including excellent degree and A-level (or equivalent) results
• Have strong business diagnostic skills and the ability to apply a logical and analytical approach to problem solving
• Be client focussed with the ability to establish strong working relationships
• Have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Have an effective approach to time management and the ability to work to tight deadlines
• Be a strong team player
• Have strong Excel skills - other relevant technical analytical skills could also be an advantage e.g. VBA, Access, SQL, Python, data visualisation etc.
Your service line: Financial Advisory
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you’ll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
• We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
• We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
• We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
• We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
• We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 181495