Agile Coaching Operations Manager - open to flexible working
Agile Coaching Operations Manager
You will directly support the Lead Agile Coach in the management of the day-to-day coaching operations of the newly formed Agile Centre of Excellence within Consumer Healthcare Tech.
You will support in managing Consumer Healthcare Tech's Agile method and coaching operating model, and will promote Agility principles and practices throughout the organisation using measures and metrics.
You will be one of the main drivers of the Agile Centre of Excellence, establishing the standards and guardrails which inform "how" work is performed across the organisation. To support the "how," you will work with the Lead Agile Coach and senior leaders to make sure they understand what knowledge and resources are available to them and work with them to prioritise resources, as needed.
You will work with a team of Agile Coaches who will be deployed to Tribes and Squads, to develop them to improve their performance, knowledge and expertise, as well as that of the teams they are assigned to.
Responsibilities as the Agile Coaching Operations Manager:
Build and maintain Consumer Healthcare Tech's Agile methodology, standards and community:
- Establish roadmaps and guardrails to inform "how" work is prioritised within tribes and how it is executed by squads
- Manage and update Agile Method for consistent definition and application of Agile practices, interactions and ceremonies
- Manage and update the Coaching Handbook for consistent definition and application of Agile coaching practices in moving teams to sustainably Agile.
- Support the Tooling Lead in the build, adoption and evolution of Jira (+ additional tools)
- Support the Lead Agile Coach in refining, enhancing, and delivering Agile training for Squads and Tribes
- Supervise operational compliancy in Agile teams
- Champion continual adoption of Agile & agile maturity of teams via agile maturity assessment and facilitate measurement and monitoring of Agile metrics
- Support design and set up of new squads, tribes and chapters
- Stay on top of relevant developments and innovations in agile and lean, both internally and externally
- Sharing relevant insights and developments in agile and learn with your teams and other senior leaders across the organisation
Oversee the people, resources, and priorities within the Agile Enablement Office
- Proactively work with Lead Agile Coach and Tribes to identify and fill resourcing needs for Agile Coaches and Scrum Masters
- Maintain your own technical knowledge through learning and continuous improvement
- Identify Agile Coach/ Scrum Master resourcing gaps - recruit, onboard and train Agile Coaches and Scrum Masters, and establish relationship with strong external vendors
Coordinate and define interactions within and between Tribes and other CoEs (e.g. Risk)
- Coordinate with Tribe Leads and Product Owners to design interactions and interdependencies between Squads and Tribes
- Work with Portfolio Leads to maintain and improve the Tribe(s)' interaction models to ensure effective governance and resource planning between teams and functions
Support the adoption of Consumer Healthcare Tech's new way of working
- Support the Lead Agile Coach in defining a roadmap, strategy, and operating guardrails for Agile ways of working, working closely with Senior Leadership to align strategic objectives
- Work with senior leaders to coach them on agile principles and techniques and catalyse the adoption of agile ways of working throughout the organisation
- Work with Tribes to identify and resolve challenges and changes needed within the Agile model and non-technical processes
- Partner with change management to create Agile communication for all org levels to generate awareness
YOU'RE GOOD AT!
- You are recognised as an agile role model: you work collaboratively, show courage, take responsibility, have confidence, you speak out, are creative, and you simplify
- Challenging the status quo, eloquently articulating your perspective to challenge the beliefs of senior leaders
- Communicating and influencing senior leaders, being credible and proactive with excellent communication skills
- You are skilled in collecting, analysing and presenting qualitative & quantitative information
- You are analytically sharp; you can understand, structure and present complex problems
- Excel in commitment and integrity and are therefore a trusted person for the team
- Have a "do it, try it, fix it" mentality and you ask that of others
- You know how to quickly master a new environment and you are a conversation partner at all levels
- You have excellent people management skills: listening, motivating, observing, giving and receiving feedback helps individuals and teams grow
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Proven experience in an coaching/mentoring and/or leadership role, in a large scaled agile organisation including:
- Significant work experience playing an active leadership role in scaled agile transformations
- Demonstrated experience of coaching or training organisations and senior leaders on agile methodologies
- Demonstrated experience of having build agile capabilities within complex, de-centralised organisations at the start of their agile journeys
- Experience of working in consulting preferred
- Good understanding of technology enabled business transformation, Digital transformation, Organisational transformation, delivering enterprise-level IT and Digital projects
- Exceptional communications and senior leader management skills
Interested in Joining the Team?
Please apply via our online portal providing your CV and Cover Letter.
Please ensure you apply before CoP Wednesday 21st April 2021 to ensure you're in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email email@example.com
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.