Portfolio Director, Open to flexible working
Portfolio Director, Open to flexible working
Level: At least 8 years’ work experience
Reports to: CEO
Location: City of London
Employment: Full time, open to flexibility - flexible start/finish times, some working from home or job share are all options open to discussion.
Start date: November 2017 onwards
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, hands-on self-starter to be part of the high-performing Social Business Trust leadership team, working with some of the UK’s fastest growing social enterprises and interacting with some of the most influential business leaders in the country.
We are looking for a highly experienced candidate, who can join our senior leadership team, working closely with the CEO, Director of Partnerships & Operations and Director of External Affairs.
The candidate will manage SBT’s relationships with the social enterprises in our investment portfolio, working with their CEOs and management teams to support them to achieve scale and to ensure that the SBT portfolio delivers maximum social value.
The candidate will also work closely with SBT’s corporate partners and senior professionals in those firms on a regular basis, leveraging our partnerships to broker world-class business support enabling accelerated scale up of SBT’s social enterprises.
Portfolio and Investment Pipeline
- Deliver outstanding partnership management, working with the senior leadership of the SBT portfolio social enterprises to support their growth and ensure SBT delivers maximum value
- Provide advice and mentoring to the portfolio, identifying areas of further support for the social enterprises to overcome challenges to growth
- Identify and scope business critical projects for portfolio members and mobilise resource from SBT’s corporate partners to deliver these
- Identify and act upon opportunities to support the growth of a peer network within the portfolio, enabling social enterprises to collaborate and learn from one another
- Manage a team of two Investment Managers, directing their work to identify investment prospects and to successfully deliver SBT Design, a pre-investment programme helping selected social enterprise prepare for growth.
Investment Committee and Reporting
- Work with the CEO and senior team to plan and set Investment Committee agendas, using this key forum to drive SBT’s work and performance
- Track and monitor performance (financial and social impact) of the portfolio and report to SBT’s Investment Committee
- Present well argued, comprehensive investment cases to SBT’s Investment Committee and deal effectively with robust challenges from committee members
- In collaboration with the Director of Partnerships & Operations, proactively leverage SBT’s relationships with its corporate partners to broker professional support:
- Recruit and build talent banks of skilled individuals to deliver professional support
- Work with multiple stakeholders within each corporate partner to mobilise volunteers, track the delivery of support and evaluate its impact
SBT Organisation and Team
- Evaluate SBT performance and improve internal processes to increase efficient delivery, including working with the Director of Partnerships & Operations to improve the data collection and management process
- Work with the Director of External Affairs to promote SBT within our corporate partners and the social sector
- Act as a senior member of SBT’s leadership team, supporting the Chief Executive and other team members as appropriate
- At least 8 years’ experience in industry, commerce, professional services, or the social sector with some management experience
- Comfortable working with business leaders, management teams and CEOs
- Outstanding stakeholder management skills, including ability to network and build lasting relationships with organisations
- Numerate and financially literate
- Experience of reviewing business plans and assessing operational strategies at an organisation/company level
- Due diligence experience is an advantage
- A keen interest in and some experience of social enterprises or the charity sector
The candidate must have the following attributes:
- Confident team leader, with the ability to work independently within a small
- Highly organised, reliable and measured in their approach
- Ability to manage and motivate their team, collaborate with the other Directors and manage upwards
- Flexible, open to any task and a good team player
- Personable and professional with a positive and enthusiastic outlook
- Hands-on, strong attention to detail with an ability to get things done
C. £60,000 per annum, to be discussed depending on experience and skills. SBT offers remuneration packages that are highly competitive within its sector.
Application: Please submit your CV and a one-page cover letter via the application method below.
Application deadline: Wednesday 18th October, 2017