Metrology Engineer, Open to flexible working
The Engineering function at the GSK Ware Manufacturing and Supply site is responsible for the provision of technical expertise to support the manufacturing, automation and controls systems for all production operations to ensure production targets are achieved.
We are currently looking to recruit a Metrology Engineer. The role exists to deliver professional engineering expertise for metrology across site, ensuring that business driven improvements upgrades, modifications and adaptations are implemented to meet quality and performance targets under the direction of a Platform Equipment Lead and across multiple equipment Platforms (eg Filling, Assembly, Granulation, Water systems etc.). To act as point of contact and provide management of the site's calibration laboratory, including onsite and offsite calibrations for instrumentation used on site.
Key Responsibilities include;
- Act as a technical authority for Metrology and supports thermal mapping activities across site including fronting of internal and external regulatory audits.
- Plan and manage the calibration lab onsite schedule and resource to ensure service delivered meets requirements of the operational engineering areas.
- Responsible for developing a sound and thorough understanding of the equipment, plant and processes across the areas of responsibility
- Responsible for the development and delivery of a scope of engineering metrology activities (maintenance, equipment improvement, and projects) working collaboratively with Engineering Planning functions, Platform Equipment Leads and Value Stream operational teams. Leading and managing contractors as required to execute the delivery of these works
- To provide clear leadership, development and direction for front line staff by identifying opportunities and sharing knowledge to continue up skilling of engineering technicians and apprentices
- Identify abnormalities or improvement opportunities in equipment performance including use of Data Analytics. The role holder will work with Platform Equipment Leads and Operational Teams to generate and implement actions
This role would suit a driven and motivated individual who has strong experience of working in a complex GMP environment. Ideally you will be a qualified engineer (eg; HND, IEng, BEng), with strong people skills. You will have a proven ability to drive performance (it is imperative in this role that you demonstrate an ability to drive common-objective thinking, with a complete focus on providing solutions). You will be a good team player in a matrix organisation. Knowledge/Experience in Electrical Engineering / Calibrations / Metrology / Instrumentation would be highly advantageous.
About Ware Manufacturing Site:
Medicines at Ware are presented as either Respiratory devices or in Oral Solid Dose form. The site holds a unique position in our network as the only site responsible for launching the company's pipeline of new medicines in these dose forms, many of which are life saving medicines. A series of investments in new state-of-the-art equipment are being made that will support the delivery of a record number of new products. This must be achieved whilst consistently delivering outstanding quality, service and value to our patients.
CLOSING DATE for applications: Monday 10th of May 2021 (COB)
When applying for this role, please use your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role (as outlined in the job requirements above). The information that you have provided will be used to assess your application.
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative medicines and brands. Our products are used by millions of people around the world, helping them to do more, feel better and live longer. Employing over 100,000 people globally, we have 71 manufacturing sites around the world.
- Relevant qualifications and / or experience (eg; Electrical Engineering / Calibrations / Metrology / Instrumentation, etc).
- Engineering qualification
- Requires understanding of engineering principles and operation of manufacturing equipment to improve equipment reliability.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.