Talent Director Europe, Open to flexible working
The Europe Talent Director uses their expertise in talent management to craft and drive outstanding talent within Pharma Europe to build a high quality, diverse talent pipeline for our future.
The role partners with the HRBL Pharma Europe and the Europe Pharma LT to drive the talent actions that are required now and in the future in order to further ensure we are building successful biopharma company in the region. Acting as a talent specialist, partner and consultant to the HR leaders, will assess specific talent challenges and opportunities in the region and recommend appropriate solutions to improve our pipeline of diverse talents.
The role combines their external market insights and standard methodology with their understanding of GSK and Pharma Commercial strategy and context to help build fit for future workforce plans and deliver the global to local talent strategy.
Key to the success of this role is partnership with Pharma Talent and I&D Lead, Recruiting, Reward and Org Efficiency to drive a coordinated approach to building talent and capability in support of an aligned culture and capability plan for the business in Europe.
- Drive a coordinated Europe approach to talent management across all markets in the region, focusing on improving the skills and capabilities required for the future through appropriate strategic workforce planning interventions.
- Partner with Europe HR and business leaders as well as the Pharma Talent and I&D Lead to develop fit for purpose talent initiatives to enable the successful delivery of the business IPTC objectives.
- Work with the business to identify specific risks and opportunities in the talent pipeline and put in place plans to address these e.g. changes in capability requirements, quality of incumbents, increasing diversity in the pipeline etc.
- Use insights from data to diagnose the health and strength of the talent pipeline and advise key areas of focus in our talent plans at all levels - from early talents to senior leadership roles.
- Diagnose the accurate mix of talent programmes to deliver the future talent pipeline needed by the business.
- Support driving a culture where Leaders own and deliver the talent agenda.
- Challenge and coach senior HR and business leaders to increase diversity through talent management and recruitment, finding opportunities to bring through/bring in diverse talent and challenging bias within talent activities.
- Get to know the top talent in the business and work with peers in other regions and business areas to proactively find opportunities for talent growth.
Experience & Person Qualities:
A specialist in Talent Management and Talent development or a Business Partner with a deep passion and experience in strategic talent management interventions who can work with leaders in the business and HR, with the below experience:
- Experienced HR professional who has developed a strategic and solid understanding of the challenges that a business may face in recruiting, developing and retaining talent
- Proven track record in developing Talent, Recruitment and Workforce strategies at regional level along with interventions and approaches to develop talent, and improve succession plans and pipelines with proven outcomes
- Experience of working with data to build insight and diagnose future talent risks and opportunities
- Excellent consultancy skills with confidence and ability to influence, challenge and mentor at a senior leader
- Working in a sophisticated, matrix organisation which is culturally and geographically diverse with multiple stakeholders in HR and the business.
Personal attributes meaningful in this role.
- Business acuity
- Ability to employ a variety of approaches; agile, flexible and adaptable to situations.
- Demonstrated learning agility and interpersonal skills, with the ability to take care of complexity in a fast-paced working environment.
- Desire for perfection, striving for constant improvement and increased efficiency, with a proven track record of project delivery.
- Strong consulting and relationship building and communication skills, to work across different cultures and ability to adjust to different approaches
- Self-starter and natural drive to implement and see follow through on commitments.
- Data driven, using information to advise decisions and solve problems.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.