Regional Health Economics, Health Outcomes and Epidemiology Lead, Open to flexible working
4 days left
- Contract Type
Are you interested in a role that allows you to lead the group within the European vaccines medical affairs team developing and executing robust vaccine market access strategies for the European region? If so, this Regional Health Economics, Health Outcomes and Epidemiology Lead role could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
- Develop and execute the European vaccine Access Strategy in alignment with local, regional and global cross functional teams
- Deliver robust regional/local evidence generation plans for the GSK vaccines assets (licensed and in development) that address scientific evidence gaps linked to regulatory, market access and reimbursement needs, in alignment with the global/regional/local medical and business priorities.
- Build and expand a strong network and lead the dialogue with external stakeholders in market access such as health-eco/outcomes experts, relevant scientific societies, NITAGs, policy makers, recommendation and reimbursement bodies to gather insights on the evidence needs and to ensure the value of GSK's vaccines is demonstrated to them in a relevant and timely manner.
- Lead the collaboration between the regional, global teams and the LOC cross-functional (medical, government affairs, market access teams) to ensure timely communication of real-world evidence to the local authorities, advisory committees, and key external experts. Focus on creating tailored value messages to inform recommendations and decision-making on vaccine adoption;
- Establish strong partnership global, regional and local stakeholders such as Global Medical Portfolio Leads, Global Medical Affairs Leads, Local Medical affairs leads, Area Medical Leads, Clinical Development teams, Global Value Evidence and Outcome teams, Vaccine Development Leads, Vaccine Commercialization Leads, Epidemiology and Clinical teams, global and local Medical Affairs, local Market Access teams to ensure full alignment in defining an delivering the access strategy.
- Lead the development of scientifically robust evidence generation activities within the access strategy (e.g. CoI, HRU, QoL, PROs, RWE, economic and public health impact modelling etc) in full compliance with applicable regulations for quality and disclosure, leveraging the global VEO capabilities and infrasturcture.
- Be the region's and/or the LOCs' voice at project governance level (VDT, VCT, SEAS, LEG)
- Lead the team to provide scientific insights and advice of market access related questions of LOCs/regional teams, and design and provide customized technical trainings to the regional/LOC cross-functional teams for capability building in medical affairs;
- Lead the team to gather European and LOC access related insights to the global value evidence and development plans for early pipeline assets as well as for life cycle management of licensed assets.
- Represent the health outcome, Health eco and epidemiology team at the EU Vaccines Medical LT
- Provide leadership, mentoring, coaching and development guidance to the team members, by role modelling the GSK values and expectations and fully complying with the GSK code of practice and all applicable governance and legislation. foster trust based, engaging environment with a high-performing team culture.
- Be accountable for budget planning and delivery of the plans within the agreed budget and represent the team on the European vaccines medical leadership team..
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Postgraduate degree in epidemiology and/or health economics, Health outcomes, patient reported outcomes, epidemiology, pharmacy, health or life sciences, market access
- 8-10 years' work experience in in the field of epidemiology, health economics, health outcomes or market access in the pharmaceutical industry, consulting firms or academic institutions
- Proven experience in successfully engaging and negotiating with payers and/or public health authorities about recommendations and reimbursement, ideally in the field of vaccines
If you have the following characteristics it would be a plus:
- Familiarity with regulatory and healthcare infrastructure as well as legislations and policies in the region
- Evidence of proactive, solution focused approach with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work cross functionally in a large and complex matrix environment
- Demonstrated leadership skills managing direct and matrix teams, influencing outcomes and key project decisions
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork in a culture of Innovation, Performance and Trust.
GSK Vaccines- Our Vaccines business is one of the largest in the world, developing, producing and distributing over 2.5 million vaccines every day to people across 170 countries.
Patient-focused Research and Development (R&D) is the heart of our business. GSK has a strong history and expertise in vaccines, and we are staying at the forefront of innovation in this field.
For many years, vaccines have been used mainly to prevent diseases caused by infections, mostly in infants and children. Today, we are focused on developing vaccines for all stages of life, and we believe vaccines can also be used successfully to treat diseases and be therapeutic.
These innovation trends have a strong impact on what we do in Research and Development. We take the best science, with the most impactful technologies and combine it with our GSK culture. Next to our existing portfolio of prophylactic vaccines and moving into the field of therapeutic vaccines, our R&D programme focuses on vaccines for diseases such as RSV, COPD and Meningitis. Another part of R&D targets diseases particularly prevalent in the developing world, including the World Health Organization's priority diseases - tuberculosis and malaria.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
We provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.
If you have a disability and require assistance during the course of the selection process, you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require in order to make suitable arrangements.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.