Finance Manager - Group Consolidation and Reporting
WHO ARE WE?
GSK has a 150-year legacy of helping to transform the health, lives and futures of millions of people around the world. We are a science-led healthcare company with more than 100,000 people working in 115 countries. Each year we produce around 4 billion packs of medicine, nearly 900 million doses of vaccine and more than 18 billion packs of consumer healthcare products. Our focus of helping people do more, feel better and live longer is at the centre of all that we aim to do.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS ROLE?
This role provides an excellent opportunity for a high calibre individual looking to gain a unique enterprise-wide perspective of the GSK Group and provide challenge and insight through the presentation of high quality business information and analytics to the level of the Board, Corporate Executive Team (CET), Group CFO and Group Financial Controller. The role will require regular direct contact with the Group CFO and Group Financial Controller but will also require engagement with finance teams at all levels across the whole of the GSK Group.
WHAT WILL YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES BE?
The key accountabilities for this role will encompass:
- Providing financial analysis for the Board, CET, Group CFO and Group Financial Controller through the monthly management reports
- Providing the Group CFO with presentations for use at the Board and CET meetings on the Group's actual financial performance, including comparisons to plan, forecasts and prior year
- Providing high quality financial analytics to support the external results process, including the quarterly earnings releases and Annual Report, with a particular focus on the Group's cost trends
- Providing ad hoc financial analysis to support the Group CFO, Group Financial Controller and Corporate Investor Relations team
- Act as the Corporate subject matter expert on the impact of inter-company profit eliminations on the Group results and key point of contact with the Supply Chain Finance team.
This role is part of the Group Corporate Reporting team and reports to Alistair Davidson (Director, Corporate Reporting). The Corporate Reporting team sits within the Corporate Financial Controller team.
Group Consolidation, Analysis and Reporting
Manage and review the following central processes performed by the in-house finance analyst and the out-sourced Genpact finance analysts:
- Headcount reporting (quarterly only)
- Monthly exchange rates
- Working Capital schedules and commentaries
- Ensuring inter-company profit has been correctly eliminated from the consolidated Group income statement
- Review the monthly trading results for specific regional operations for accuracy and ensure adequate explanations for variances are obtained
- Provide analysis of the Group's margins, including cost of goods, selling, general and admin and R&D spend. Analysis to identify key trends and underlying performance
- Provide monthly analysis of the Group's cost of goods and key trends in manufacturing costs and the impact of the Group's standard costing model on those trends
- Promote and initiate process improvements in all areas especially income statement and working capital reporting for management purposes. Ensure process improvements are documented and communicated adequately
- Maintain strong communication with Regional and Corporate finance staff in regard to all aspects of monthly financial reporting
- Provision of guidance to entities and Regional Finance on consolidation and reporting issues ensuring compliance with GSK accounting policies and procedures
- Act as the Corporate subject matter expert on the impact of inter-company profit eliminations on the Group results and key point of contact with the Supply Chain Finance team
- Assist in the management of Global Corporate policies in all aspects of actual reporting and monitoring compliance and that financial entities and regional finance teams are advised on compliance with GSK accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure the team has strong leadership, objectives are prioritised, people are developed, processes are operating effectively, efficiently and quality and accuracy of all financial processes and analysis is maintained
- Ensure appropriate communication throughout GSK of changes in accounting/reporting requirements and initiate training activity if required.
- Input and review of financial information reported in the quarterly Announcements, filed with the Stock Exchange
- Provide financial analysis to the Group CFO and Group Financial Controller to facilitate the preparation of the quarterly Announcements and Investor briefings
- Liaise with Investor Relations and Corporate Communications to provide business intelligence and analytics to support the preparation of the quarterly Stock Exchange Announcements.
- Preparation of working schedules to support specific notes in the Annual Report
- Review of specific notes in the Annual Report and the supporting analysis.
- Involvement in ad-hoc projects as required.
- Acting as a key interface with internal and external auditing activities regarding the Group consolidation process during year end and hard close audits (including Phase 1 and year-end audit processes).
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
We seek candidates who can make outstanding long-term contributions to our organization.
At GSK, we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of diverse, global team
- Develop others as part of your own professional growth
You'll also receive a competitive salary package including on target bonus, shares, private medical insurance, Company Pension Plan, annual holiday, private healthcare option, bonus scheme and a share purchase scheme plus a personalized career development pathway.
Interested in Joining the Team?
Please ensure you apply before COB 18th October 2017 to ensure you're in the running!
If requiring an adjustment for a disability, once selected for
Interview you may contact email@example.com
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.