Manager, Global Resourcing
GSK are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare, dedicated to our mission to help people do more, feel better & live longer. We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
A opportunity has arisen within our Consumer Healthcare business for a Global Resourcing Manager within our Research & Development department.
This role manages and implements the R&D sourcing strategy for our key Third Party suppliers. The role is responsible for the local/regional selection, management and tracking of or Third Party suppliers to Key Performance Indicators, while ensuring compliance to the management of our R&D risks.
- Work with Procurement and Category Heads to define and establish capabilities required of CHRD Preferred vendors. Responsibilities include the identification and review of new vendors to the network
- Assess the capabilities of CHRD Vendor network versus CHRD portfolio requirements and ensure the number of CHRD vendors, geographic locations and outsourcing models are sufficient to support the business needs
- Manages relationships with vendors to ensure delivery of External vendor projects. Negotiates with vendors on technical and process capabilities to ensure programs for externalization can meet deliverables, milestones, costs and timelines. Utilizes knowledge of GSK to prevent and resolve conflicts, seeks rapid query resolution between GSK and vendor
- Maintains GSK's IP throughout delivery of projects and contractual integrity
- Ensure the monitoring of Quality performance and evaluate external vendor capabilities to ensure GSK requirements and values are being managed. This evaluation includes final vendor qualification, equipment qualification, and scientific capabilities/expertise evaluation
- Utilize Metrics and KPIs to understand and drive business performance and develop continuous improvement programs
- Agree with stakeholders the internal Metrics for CHRD outsourcing, create dashboard and monitor
- With Procurement, generate vendor KPIs, based on Quality/Cost/Time for tracking and reporting
- Centralize internal metrics and vendor KPIs and share information with Scientific leads to institute a Continuous Improvement program
- Governs the internal Metrics for CHRD outsourcing, including dashboard monitoring with Procurement, generate vendor KPIs, based on Quality/Cost/Time for tracking and reporting; communicates the centralized metric repository with Scientific leads to institute a Continuous Improvement program
- Ensure Business Continuity and Continuous improvement opportunities of CHRD with key vendors. Including the identification and addition of "preferred option vendors" in the event of disruption of service.
What we offer:
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of diverse, global team
- Develop others as part of your own professional growth.
You'll also receive a competitive salary package including on target bonus, shares, private medical insurance, Company Pension Plan, 26 days annual holiday, private healthcare option, bonus scheme and a share purchase scheme plus a personalized career development pathway.
Interested in Joining the Team?
Take a look at the requirements and apply via our online portal using your cover letter and CV to tell us more about you and why you're the perfect person for the role.
The closing date will be the 17th October 2017
Please note: If you require an adjustment for a disability, once you are selected for interview you may contact: email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.