Audit Manager, Open to flexibility
Audit Manager, Open to flexibility
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical companies. Our powerful combination of skills and resources provide the platform for delivering strong growth and the platform for responding quickly to the rapidly changing global healthcare environment. We are a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 markets, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
Audit &Assurance (A&A) is responsible for providing an objective view of risk management at a point in time. By raising awareness, we inspire meaningful action before potential issues become real issues. We collaborate and partner on the shared goal of reducing risk to GSK - protecting the interests of our patients. We are in the unique position to view across the GSK enterprise, connecting insights and sharing learnings in the risk space through our assurance and advisory product portfolio.
We are currently recruiting a Audit Manager to be based in GSK House, Brentford, UK.
The successful candidate will be involved with a diverse range of activities including:
- Engage auditees and other business stakeholders in a way that inspires and builds trust, mutual understanding, and respect.
- Deliver timely and meaningful audit outputs in alignment with the Core Audit Process (or other assurance products as required), providing a holistic view of risk management in language the business understands. This includes not only identifying gaps in control and risk management, but also good practices and insights to be shared and leveraged more broadly across GSK.
- Connect assurance workstreams to the bigger picture for the assurance work. Actively join the dots to deliver meaningful insights, and appropriate context to support action.
- Connect auditees and other business stakeholders to insights and resources that will deepen their understanding of risk and the internal control framework.
- Anticipate and effectively manage potential obstacles to audit delivery and risk reduction; ensure timely escalation. Demonstrate a flexible approach to work, rebalancing priorities where necessary and solving problems creatively.
- Uphold A&A consistent standards, whilst working efficiently and minimising non-value added activities.
- Lead by example to challenge the status quo and create a vibrant, values-based work environment. Develop self and others through giving and receiving feedback to promote excellence and continuous improvement. Engage in peer to peer coaching, teaching, and mentoring.
- Actively contribute to the evolution of A&A assurance strategies and related audit universe entries.
- Expand the knowledge base of the A&A team through proactive knowledge sharing and collaboration. Share your experience actively for relevant audits. Build your own knowledge of new areas and actively participate in audits of new areas to increase your audit experience and flexibility as required by A&A.
- Champion A&A strategic projects and initiatives.
Closing date for applications: Monday 16th October 2017.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.