Engineering Technician, Open to flexibility
Engineering Technician, Open to flexibility
GSK have a challenging and inspiring mission: to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
In the heart of rural Teesdale, the GSK site at Barnard Castle is a key member of the Global Manufacturing and Supply (GMS) organisation producing some of the world's leading dermatological, sterile, inhaled and oral medicines for a wide range of diseases including MRSA, leukaemia and HIV.
To help enable us to strengthen our technical capability, and prepare us for future advancements within the Dermatological Business Unit we are looking to appoint a number of Mechanically biased Multi skilled technicians to maintain our creams & ointments manufacture, filling, and packaging equipment.
As one of our multi-skilled Engineering Technicians, you'll be providing maintenance support, carrying out planned preventative maintenance, dealing with breakdowns and providing support to investigations and continuous improvement initiatives to allow us to produce the medicines we supply.
You will have the opportunity to expand your skills & experience working in a Multi Skilled Environment.
The position of multi-skilled technicians will be filled by time served maintenance technicians, ideally with an Engineering HNC.
Key areas of responsibility of the role will include:
- Fault finding on all types of processes and equipment. (predominantly mixing vessels, high pressure homogenisers, industrial washers, filling and packaging equipment)
- Installation, commissioning and validation of new plant, including generation and delivery of validation documentation.
- Deliver preventative plant maintenance activities through MERPS (SAP).
- Working to current company and regulatory GxP and safety standards.
- Problem solving/root cause analysis and proactive development of plant within a demanding production environment.
- Delivery of Continuous Improvement (CI) projects.
Essential skills include:
- Have served a recognised engineering maintenance apprenticeship with a mechanical bias.
- The ability to understand and work through pneumatic schematic diagrams.
- Ability to perform, and discuss, a logical fault finding approach to equipment failures.
- Enjoy working in a 'team' environment and be able to communicate effectively.
Preferred skills include:
- An understanding of electrical drawings.
- Knowledge of vision systems (Laetus / SEA Vision)
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical process and packaging equipment.
- Experience within a highly regulated production or packaging environment (eg clean-industry, FMCG, food, electronics or similar).
We operate a variety of shifts. The ability to support flexible shift working patterns is required.
You must be in a position to give notice of resignation to your current employer upon receipt of an offer from us.
What's on offer?
- A competitive base salary with an annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well as business targets.
- Benefit programmes designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programmes, pension plan membership, savings programmes, time off and childcare support.
- Employee recognition programmes which reward exceptional achievements.
- Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK's longer term performance
- A performance and development programme that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviours you need to demonstrate, to achieve success
Interested in join the team?
Please apply via our online application system before 23rd October 2017
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.