Digitisation Lead, Open to flexibility
Digitisation Lead, Open to flexibility
Digitisation Lead (Secondment / Fixed Term Contract - upto 2 years)
The Quality function promotes quality and compliance through the product life-cycle within the wider manufacturing and production operations at the GSK Ware GMS (Global Manufacturing and Supply) Site. This entails monitoring all quality related systems, improvement procedures and documentation (including analytical data and information), ensuring that products released have been manufactured and packaged according to all Regulatory and cGMP requirements (including appropriate certification for EU markets).
Reporting directly to the Ware GMS Site Quality Director (or GPS and Strategy Deployment Director), this role will be responsible for leading, delivering, and ultimately imbedding, a variety of digital improvement projects across the Ware GMS manufacturing site. The role will be high-profile within the GMS Ware site, but will also have significant impact on shaping the future of GSK's factories around the world. Day-to-day you will be involved with the development and delivery of digitization programs and initiatives across the site's work-streams. This will include budgetary control of the projects, as well as monitoring and responding to challenges / issues at the program level.
PLEASE NOTE - This role is currently envisaged to be a 1 to 2 year project focused Secondment (for internal applicants) or Fixed Term Contract (for external applicants) role.
- The development of the digitisation program, including structuring work streams into manageable sub-deliverables and timelines.
- Enable collaborative engagement and integration across multiple functions (including IT, Engineering, Technical and Operations).
- Critically plan, control and manage project deliverables across the work streams, ensuring customer needs and expected project benefits are met from initiation to go-live in a highly regulated environment.
- Apply a strong business-related risk management approach to all projects across the work streams to define and manage mitigation actions.
- Work with site Senior Leadership Team and Steering Groups to manage performance and ensure smooth adoption to new technologies and working practices.
- Ensure project delivery in accordance to GSK's standards & guidelines (project management methodology, validation process & deliverables, change management methods & tools) for all Digital Factory projects.
- Regular consistent, up-to date reporting on status and progress of project tailored for senior stakeholders.
- On time, on scope and on budget delivery of projects in all its aspects (technology, business and QA) as well as cross-organisational aspects of the multiple applications.
- Support "Ellipta Ware future factory 2020 vison" and objectives: lower operating cost, increased security of supply, regulatory compliance, etc.
- Ensure digitisation program metrics are met (eg; reduction in deviations, increased capacity and productivity, improved data integrity, etc).
This role is a great opportunity to be instrumental in developing and delivering the GMS Ware Site's future factory ambitions. You will be working at the cutting edge of digital transformation within GSK, in a high-profile role with senior leadership involvement. As this role is multi-faceted and includes liaising with a wide variety of stakeholders (including on-site production and operations teams), you must be a highly self-motivated individual who has strong experience of personally delivering projects and initiatives in complex manufacturing situations. You will be resilient and calm under pressure, with strong people skills and a proven ability to influence people to achieve objectives and drive performance. You will have a strong continuous improvement mindset and be hands-on in your approach. A firm grasp of strategy and vision must be complemented by an ability to get things done.
During the application process, we are looking to see that applicants have a clear understanding of the complexities and importance of delivering digitisation initiatives within a complex manufacturing process.
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative medicines and brands. Our products are used by millions of people around the world, helping them to do more, feel better and live longer. Employing over 100,000 people globally, we have 71 manufacturing sites around the world. For more information on GSK please refer to our website: www.gsk.com
About Ware Manufacturing Site:
Medicines at Ware are presented as either Respiratory devices or in Oral Solid Dose form. The site holds a unique position in our network as the only site responsible for launching the company's pipeline of new medicines in these dose forms, many of which are life saving medicines. A series of investments in new state-of-the-art equipment are being made that will support the delivery of a record number of new products. This must be achieved whilst consistently delivering outstanding quality, service and value to our patients.
Applicants must demonstrate in their application how they meet the above criteria in order to be successful for interview selection.
CLOSING DATE for applications: Wednesday 18th Oct 2017.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.