Governance Risk and Compliance SA - Part time 4 days per week - flexible contract
This role is open specifically for people who are looking to work flexibly.
We know everyone’s lives are different and that traditional working patterns may not be quite right for you. Whether you’ve taken a career break, had time out to support family or are looking to balance your career with another passion of yours, we can offer you a flexible contract.
- 4 day week
Upon joining the firm you will have access to various training to give you the opportunity to upskill yourself on our various systems. You’ll also benefit from a programme specifically designed to support flexible workers integrate into the firm and introduce you to other people across our networks
About the Team:
Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) sits within our Risk Assurance practice as one of the fastest growing areas of the business.
We help organisations in building resilience throughout their organisation with excellence in governance, risk management, compliance and control.
We split GRC into 4 sub-propositions: Risk Management, Controls Advisory, Compliance and Deals:
- Risk Management - Designing and implementing risk management frameworks to help Boards identify, assess and manage the most significant risks in their organisation.
- Controls Advisory – Designing and implementing processes and controls, working with clients to develop and maintain robust internal controls over their key business processes. We work with a number of businesses to implement a SOx program of work preparing them for a listing on the US stock exchange.
- Compliance - Helping clients embed compliance to policies and finance requirements throughout their organisation, along with implementing monitoring and reporting frameworks.
- Deals – We perform an assessment of our clients’ readiness for a proposed deal, through to delivering the Financial Position and Prospects Procedures (FPPP) report for stakeholders in the deal process.
Locations: London or Birmingham (All national applications will be considered)
About the Role:
Being a member of the GRC team in Risk Assurance will see you working on a variety of challenging and career-advancing engagements. You will work across a diverse range of well-known clients within our Commercial and Government practice and have the opportunity to work on really exciting projects right from the start. We work with some of the top companies in the world, in Entertainment & Media, Pharmaceuticals & Life Sciences, Telecoms & Technology, Energy, Utilities & Mining, Retail & Consumer and Industrial Products as well as world class Government & Public Sector organisations. You will be constantly learning, and your ideas will be welcomed in an atmosphere of innovation, collaboration and teamwork.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Technical knowledge and practical experience in at least one of our core solutions plus experience in finance and/or accounting;
- Demonstrable experience of working on multiple projects, managing your time effectively to deliver high quality work to tight deadlines;
- A willingness to learn new skills and help develop and innovate new client propositions;
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels;
- Good report writing skills;
- Possession of strong team working skills;
- Excellent client relationship and communication skills;
- Commercial acumen and an interest in how complex organisations operate; and
- Strong analytical, logic and problem-solving skills.
- ACCA/ACA Essential
Who We’re Looking for:
We are looking for motivated, passionate and enthusiastic individuals who will relish the opportunity to work in a growing team, with a portfolio of varied and high profile assignments and with significant possibilities to progress within the firm.
We’re a leading provider of trust in the digital world - in the eyes of our people, our clients and our stakeholders. Today's business environment is different. More complex. More connected. Companies not only face new and unknown risks, but also new and untapped opportunities. Our team is at the forefront of this change, join us to be a part of transforming how risk is perceived and capitalised on.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.