Senior Manager, Anti-Counterfeiting
Job Description Summary
WHO ARE WE?
GSK has a 150-year legacy of helping to transform the health, lives and futures of millions of people around the world. We are a science-led healthcare company with more than 100,000 people working in 115 countries. Each year we produce around 4 billion packs of medicine, nearly 900 million doses of vaccine and more than 18 billion packs of consumer healthcare products. Our focus of helping people do more, feel better and live longer is at the centre of all that we aim to do.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS ROLE?
As Senior Manager, Anti-Counterfeiting you will be involved in the implementation of anti-counterfeiting programme at ground level.
WHAT WILL YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES BE?
- Work independently and/or collaboratively with other team members to ensure that all Anti-Counterfeiting activities are aligned with each of GSK's three businesses' strategy
- Proactively work with relevant commercial business stakeholders at the Local Operating Company (LOC) level and other senior level internal clients to identify business priorities as they relate to addressing counterfeit products in their relevant markets and businesses
- Analyse available intelligence from internal and external resources to identify and target manufacturers and large scale distributors of counterfeit GSK products to support targeted investigations and subsequent legal and/or administrative action against the same
- Manage investigations targeted at identifying major online suppliers of counterfeit products to support online enforcement activities including website take-downs and/or private civil actions
- Work directly with relevant online platforms in gathering evidence to support 'off line' legal actions against online sellers/suppliers of counterfeit GSK products when required by the team
- Gather and analyse relevant intelligence from internal and external resources aimed at supporting customs authorities to conduct successful risk analysis
- Respond to customs suspensions, detentions, and seizures in a timely manner and follow-up on destruction of seized products as required in multiple jurisdictions as required
- Develop and deliver Anti-Counterfeiting training materials to external national and regional law enforcement officers and customs authorities as well as awareness trainings for internal stakeholders as required
- Represent the company's interests at relevant local, national and international industry associations as required
- Work collaboratively with internal cross-functional teams that support Anti-Counterfeiting activities including authentication experts in the Quality, Manufacturing & Supply organization
- Contribute to ad hoc reports on results of investigatory and/or enforcement activities as requested/required
- Manage approved external service providers conducting work on the team's behalf and ensure compliance with relevant internal policies/protocols as they relate to local anti-corruption legislation as well as the extraterritorial applicability of relevant foreign laws, including but not limited to the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and the UK Bribery Act (UKBA).
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
We seek candidates who can make outstanding long-term contributions to our organization.
At GSK, we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of diverse, global team
- Develop others as part of your own professional growth
You'll also receive a competitive salary package including on target bonus, shares, private medical insurance, Company Pension Plan, annual holiday, private healthcare option, bonus scheme and a share purchase scheme plus a personalized career development pathway.
Interested in Joining the Team?
Please ensure you apply before COB 20th October 2017 to ensure you're in the running!
If requiring an adjustment for a disability, once selected for
Interview you may contact email@example.com
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.