Audit Account Director, Information Protection Open to Flexibility
The GSK Audit & Assurance (A&A) organisation is made of experts in risk management and internal control, with specialised knowledge of different risk and business areas. We have a dual reporting line into the Chief Financial Officer and the Audit & Risk Committee (ARC), a subset of the Board of Directors.
We are responsible for providing an objective view of risk management at a point in time. Sometimes this means affirming what management already knows, but it also means that we may identify potential issues / exposures that management is not aware of. By raising awareness, we can inspire meaningful action before potential issues become real issues. We work with the business on the shared goal of reducing risk to GSK - protecting the interests of our patients
We are in a position to identify good practices and share insights (e.g. themes, emerging hot spots) that different parts of GSK can learn and benefit from. Because we see and work across the whole GSK enterprise, we are in a unique position to connect the business to people, information and other resources that will help them better manage risk.
About the role:
As the Audit Account Director role you will be critical in driving the design and delivery of A&A's global Assurance Strategies and serving as change agents of A&A's strategic objectives.
You will be aligned to GSK's Information Protection principle risk and provides the prime point of contact for all Business Units or Functions impacted by that risk. The information protection risk is the risk to GSK business activity if information fails to be available, becomes disclosed to those not authorised to see it, or is corrupted. In this role, you will build and manage strong partnering relationships with senior GSK stakeholders, and will be an integral and active member of relevant governance fora.
Through these activities, you will define assurance strategies that are proactive and relevant to all businesses impacted by the risk, and will propose and plan an appropriate mix of assurance products.
Although the majority of Core Audit delivery is led by the Audit Director, you will take a lead for other assurance products (e.g. joint risk reviews or consulting). You will also play a key role in coaching teams to navigate a complex business and risk environment and contentious audit issues, requiring strong organisational awareness, leadership, communication and influencing skills.
Due to the critical relationships that need to be built with your stakeholders in this role the preferred location is GSK House in Brentford however other locations may be considered.
We can offer this role as a full-time role over 5-days or as a part time role over 4-days but you must be flexible with your days worked to meet the demands of the business.
What are the key responsibilities?
- Responsible for the development of global assurance strategies for GSK Principal Risk of Information Protection ensuring that the assurance work is commensurate with the importance of the risk to GSK. Drive the evolution and delivery of A&A assurance strategies for assigned principal risk and related audit universe entries to ensure strategies are risk based, fit-for-purpose and responsive to the risk and business environment
- Oversee the delivery of certain assurance products which are less structured, more free-thinking and strategic in nature
- Translate and distil the insights from audits in a way that is clear and engaging to senior leadership and influence coordination and awareness at an enterprise level, where appropriate (e.g. reduction of repeat findings)
- Serve as the primary contact for all business units/functions impacted by Information Protection risk, attending key governance fora as a full and active member and maintaining dialogue with relevant senior management (typically SVP and VP level)
- Serve as ambassadors for A&A enterprise wide change, embedding the Internal Control Framework across the organisation
- Drive a culture of empowerment, actively leading, inspiring and developing teams to perform at their best in addition to supporting the attraction of key talent across the wider organisation. Accountability for the management of a small population of senior staff, as selected by the VP
- Coaching and supporting the development of auditors in the efficient and effective drafting of Assurance outcomes. Drive accountability for consistent standards within their product delivery
- Facilitate a Community of Practice for Information Protection in A&A to keep audit teams up to date with new developments in the risk area
- Coordinate partnership with outside firm to provide expertise and resource to strategy and audits.
How do I apply?
Closing date for applications: 19th October 2017
When applying for this role, please ensure you use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to clearly describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter will be used to assess your application.
If requiring an adjustment for a disability, once selected for interview you may contact email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.