Finance Data Analyst, Open to flexibility
Finance Data Analyst, Open to flexibility
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 160 markets and a network of 84 manufacturing sites in 36 countries. Our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better, live longer.
The Supply Chain Accounting "Intercompany Profit Team" is responsible for tracking and eliminating intercompany profit as well as generating statutory information for the consolidated group accounts. The team provide a global service working across LOCs, GMS, Corporate Finance and Trading Partner Finance.
The primary role of the Finance Data Analyst is to operate the data processes to ensure the Inter-company Profit Tracking system (IPT) is accurately maintained for global profit reporting and the Corporate consolidation. In addition, the role will support the 'Annual Standard Setting' process for Inter-Company Profit Team, coordinating with GMS and Corporate Planning teams and support the 'Annual Transfer Pricing Process'.
Specific responsibilities of the Analyst will involve being responsible for activity assignment from the below:
- Performing the IPT 'Mark and Release' process, ensuring complete and accurate standard costs are maintained in IPT and CERPs / M-ERPs. Completing the costing run and group costing run to ensure accurate cost's are maintained in IPT and resolving any costing errors.
- Responsibility for the operating the Trading Partner standard costing process, coordinating data capture from global GMS and External Supply and maintaining complete and accurate standard costs for the Trading Partner companies
- Delivery of key processes for the Inter-company Profit 'Annual Standard Setting Exercise' and 'Annual Transfer Pricing Process', coordinating activities with sites globally and Corporate Planning and performing specific SCA activities in accordance with the plan
- The continual identification of opportunities for process improvement across IPT data processes, preparing STP's for continuous improvement.
Other Responsibilities include:
- Operation of manual processes, outside of the IPT template scope. To include profit release adjustments for samples, 'Panama LAV', 'round tripping' and opening revaluation.
- Responsibility for operating controls for IPT SMP processes ensuring full compliance with GSK Finance policy and Sarbox controls.
- To support the "IPT Data Service Manager" with queries / "Remedy" tickets which fall within the scope of the SMP team to resolve.
- Complete periodic cleansing of IPT data to ensure the system is accurate and up to to date.
- Support with the resolution of data and costing issues for global GSK customers, working closely with the Genpact data team and coordinating across other resolving agencies.
- Supporting the "SMP Reporting Manager in providing accurate and periodic metrics for communication to key stakeholders measuring the accuracy and efficiency of the IPT Reporting process.
- Ensure that all SOPs are accurately maintained for each SMP process
Closing date for applications: 20th October 2017
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.