Audit Analytics – BI Developer
What impact will you make? The Opportunity
This is your opportunity to join the team which is responsible for the direction, development and support of Deloitte’s Global Audit Analytics platform, a patented and award-winning platform supporting thousands of users and clients.
The team you will be working in is responsible for the direction, development and support of Deloitte’s Global Audit Analytics platform, a platform supporting thousands of users and clients. The platform is of central importance to Deloitte’s Audit business and has been, and continues to be, a source of major investment for the firm. The award-winning platform already has a number of patents filed; innovation and quality are our watch words.
The content team developer will work alongside a junior developer both of whom will report to the content team leader. These teams will be responsible for building and supporting analytics modules using our in house built data warehouse and analytics platform.
Whilst not a client facing role, there will be some interaction with internal stakeholders from the wider Audit practice.
You will be based onsite in the Deloitte St Albans office.
This is a permanent role. We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is interesting as a permanent role with a degree of flexibility please do discuss with us.
- Development of new analytic modules which would involve data discovery, data schema design, analytic specification (working with our audit teams), analytic building, report building, and testing. Typically a module focusses on a specific area of accounting such as stock, revenue or payroll;
- Developing insight report and data benchmarks to provide meaningful information to our clients around potential accounting, process or data issues.
Typical tasks will include:
- Working with our financial audit teams to identify requirements for new analytic modules – Innovation and creative problem solving are key skills in this phase which will make up an import part of this role;
- Building formal functional specifications for approval by audit teams and the design authority;
- Engaging with ETL experts to support the import of data from different financial systems;
- Performing testing of the module, and supporting the UAT process;
- Performance tuning analytic queries; and
- Maintaining appropriate testing documentation and evidence to support the ongoing availability and compliance of the overall platform.
Experience with most of the following is required, however training will be provided where required:
- Business requirements analysis;
- Microsoft SQL scripting (complex queries including cross joins, recursive CTEs, custom functions, query hints, merge statements, query performance optimisation etc);
- Experience building queries against a data warehouse which uses slowly changing dimensions;
- Peer code review;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel (including vlookups, pivot tables etc); and
- Proven attention to detail.
Knowledge of the below would be highly desirable, but is not required:
- Understanding of basic accounting concepts;
- Experience working with financial accounting data (journals, payables, inventory etc);
- Experience designing, producing or reviewing financial reports;
- Experience working with any common ERP platforms such as SAP or Oracle Financials; and
- Experience working with data visualisation tools such as QlikView or Tableau;
You are here: Audit
We understand our clients' operations, their industry and the issues they face. We understand an audit is not about looking back, but about helping those businesses to plan for a successful future. Together with our team you will build on our distinctive combination of specialist skills, pioneering technology, industry expertise and on-going investment to grow our business and continue to improve the market-defining services we offer.
Our Practice offers a wide ranging and challenging number of business areas in which to develop your career. These comprise business assurance within our Corporate Groups, Public Sector and Financial Services Audit groups, and advisory specialisms including Treasury Advisory, Risk Analytics and Technology Consulting.
As one of the largest audit practices, joining us will mean working with some of the leading practitioners in the industry, for some of the leading organisations in the world and towards a career goal that is entirely yours to shape.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte?
As typical with our business, the team will work in a highly agile and flexible way, supporting a diverse range of client, business and technical requirements.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families.
Your application – what to expect
To be considered for this role follow the link to complete our online application form. We will call you to find out more about you and then if we think we’re the right place for you, we’ll invite you in to meet us face to face - it’s a great chance for us to learn more about each other.
It’s your career. Where will it take you?
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 139426