Global Media Lead, Consumer Data (12 month role) Open to flexible working
At Diageo, standout consumer experiences are key to our growth.
Wilfully shared consumer data plays a key role in building these experiences and must always be obtained and used with the consumers’ best interests at heart.
The consumer data space is set to change a lot over the coming years is already leading to significant industry adjustments and deprecation of current practices. At Diageo, we pride ourselves on putting the consumer first, and so we are looking for a global media lead who will shape and lead our new thinking on the best use of consumer data in media, broader marketing and beyond.
That means getting to understand the consumer better than anyone else – and in particular their underlying concerns around privacy - to transform the way we reach, interact and sell throughout the consumer journey.
This exciting role sits within Diageo’s Global Marketing team. Diageo is a young company born from an incredible entrepreneurial legacy. The success of Guinness, Smirnoff, Johnnie Walker, Tanqueray and many more, over hundreds of years, led to the formation of our company in 1997. Today our team acts with the same spirit and determination. Our culture is dynamic and collaborative. We act as enablers for our business, building Diageo’s expertise and best practices.
We are looking for someone who will bring consumer data expertise, in particular as it relates to media and e-commerce. Someone who embraces Diageo’s strong reputational values and ensures our consumer data approach follows suit. Someone who takes a personal accountability for their own delivery and driving change across our organization.
- Transformation: Lead the ‘Diageo way’ of building stand out consumer experiences with data, working alongside procurement, data & technology, legal and marketing stakeholders.
- Technology: Evolve the current technology stack in partnership with Diageo’s Data & Technology function. Ensure the right internal and external teams and processes are in place to take advantage of the rich data and technology infrastructure already in place, as well as identifying gaps.
- New Opportunities: Act as a holistic consumer data expert – in tune with Diageo’s reputational standards - focussing your time where you can make the biggest impact and spotting new opportunities to drive business growth.
Ideal experiences / Qualifications / capabilities
- Consumer Data: Played a key role building out a consumer data strategy work for a similar sized organisation. Experience likely to include:
- CRM (Email/SMS/Social) Strategy and Activation
- Audience Segmentation Strategy, Management and Activation (including Audience Analytics and Reporting)
- CRM, CDP, CMP, DMP Global RFPs and Implementations
- 1st Party and 2nd Party Event Management and Implementation
- Data Privacy (incl. GDPR and CCPAA)
- Mark Tech: At least 6+ experience in applying martech solutions to enhancing consumer experience and media buying, encompassing how we collect, manage and activate consumer data via various touchpoints and channels
- CPG experience: Ability to expertly navigate a large CPG business model. A strong team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced team environment.
- Curiosity: Constantly curious with an eye on the future to ensure Diageo is always at forefront of change.
- Proven delivery: High energy and ambition to deliver high standards
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application