Bookkeeper/ Partially Qualified Accountant -2 days per week
This position is for a partially qualified accountant or experienced bookkeeper to work 2 or 3 days per week.
- Receiving and processing invoices from our suppliers
- Preparing and sending invoices to our clients
- Liaising with clients, suppliers and staff on expenses and accounting issues
- Submitting VAT returns
- Reconciling all bank accounts
- Preparing draft management accounts
The position is an excellent opportunity for a partially qualified accountant to gain more exposure to all areas of accounting, tax and payroll.
Qualifications & Experience
- GCSE English and mathematics (or equivalent) essential.
- 2 years experience in accounting
- Good knowledge of accounting principles, including a solid understanding of the balance sheet
- Experience working with Xero is preferred but not essential.
- Good organisational and time management skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work on your own initiative;
- Honesty and reliability;
- Attention to detail;
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and to work extra hours to meet deadlines.
Salary & Working Hours
- £25,000 per annum full time equivalent
- This is a part time role, which will be 2 days per week initially expanding to 3 over the next 9 – 12 months
- The work days and hours are flexible, so two long days in the office or four shorter days are both acceptable (or any other reasonable arrangement).
About The Company
Converge is a high growth technology company that sells sensors to the construction sector. The company has won numerous prestigious awards for its innovation including from Cambridge University, Buckingham Palace and Innovate UK. Our ambition is to create a £100M company in the next five years by expanding our amazing team. Every new employee changes the company and what it will become. It's the diversity of our people and their ideas that inspires the innovation and runs through everything we do.
We are committed to developing all of our people and providing them opportunities for growth and development. Our philosophy is to engage our team and make sure that they are given the experience to take their careers to the next level. We hope to find a partially qualified accountant with the skills and ambition to grow with the company.