Payroll Specialist, Open to flexible working
Contributing to the accurate and timely delivery of employee payrolls for UK, ROI & currently 17 other European countries for approximately 7,000 employees. The role involves collating data from various internal and external sources per the monthly checklist, providing inputs (some manual payroll calculations are required) and liaising with the 3rd party payroll vendor in each of the countries, completing reconciliations and checks in line with the defined payroll controls and answering queries from employees, Line Managers, EY-Tax Advisors, HRBP’s, Finance and other teams.
The team works within an uncompromising monthly time frame, providing a consistently reliable and accurate service within a dynamic environment from both ongoing legislative and Company changes.
To provide a professional and high quality payroll administration service which enables our payroll vendors to pay our employees accurately and on time. High level of accuracy is required and must be a subject matter expert on the payroll in order to answer queries from employees and other parts of the business. Individuals must work in a compliant manner and ensure all checklists, calendars, variance reporting, KPI’s and journals are completed on time and accurately.
- Provide payroll vendor with data changes in the agreed format and by the agreed date on the payroll calendar. Quality of data is imperative and the correct validations must be carried out.
- Complete tasks in a compliant manner ensuring adherence to IM&S principles, CARM and operational controls. Evidences must be complete and filed in a timely manner for review by manager.
- All queries from employees and other stakeholders are resolved satisfactorily within agreed timescales
- Maintain technical knowledge of Statutory and Company payments and deductions as well as related policies
- Accountable for the day to day administration of your given payrolls
- Liaising with employees across the business, in multiple countries each with their own unique policies, legislation and ways of working
- Working with different outsourced payroll provider teams on all the above payrolls
- Ability to answer questions regarding payments, deductions, taxes, maternity and other LOA, calculating advances, calculating redundancy in ROI and following monthly checklists and calendars to ensure all data is processed accurately and within agreed timeframes. All tasks must be completed in a compliant manner adhering to the numerous CARM & Operational controls that are in place
- Good degree of technical knowledge required on multi country payrolls
- Responsible for managing SNOW tickets ensuring KPI’s are met
- Complete root cause analysis on any errors and feedback to Payroll Manager on any actions or changes that are required
- Attend monthly HRD calls for market along with Payroll Team Manager
- Will be required to assist on various projects impacting payroll
- Experience with payroll
- Good communication skills with the ability to explain Payroll calculations and straightforward Tax matters to colleagues in various markets across Europe
- Ability to manage difficult situations and know when to escalate to a manager – Payment error, Tax issues, difficult employee
- Good understanding of market legislation with the ability to build credibility with all levels and functions across borders
- Strong attention to detail and numerical skills
- Demonstrates strong organisational and time management skills due to processing multiple payrolls at the same time
- Microsoft Office skills – Word, Excel, Powerpoint and ability to use pivot tables and VLOOKUP.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application