Clinical Research Director, Respiratory and Skin Health, Open to flexible working
4 days left
- Contract Type
Are you energized by the opportunity to partner with key leaders in global medical science to accelerate business performance across and drive global operational support? If so, this Clinical Development Director opportunity could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
As a Clinical Development Director, you will drive the identification, implementation and embedding of clinical strategies to improve business performance and clinical studies delivery within the region. You will play a key role in supporting the Regional head of Clinical Operations to manage business operations.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
- Successfully liaise with key internal (Local Operating Country (LOC) Clinical Operations Heads, GSK central study teams, Country Medical Directors, Area Medical Directors, etc.) and external (strategic partners) stakeholders in the region to ensure the achievement of key deliverables
- Support management of strategic partner oversight in the region.
- Drive study delivery, business efficiencies, implementation of new process and quality improvement within the Area
- Support management and tracking of financials for Americas Region
- Support management and tracking of study delivery metrics for the Americas region
- Support management of resourcing in the region.
- Contribute into cross-functional projects both within Pharmaceutical R&D and with other stakeholders outside of Pharmaceutical R&D, contribute/lead above-country initiatives and projects;
- Facilitate Americas leadership team meetings.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree in a science related field
- Experience participating in above country initiatives
- Experience managing budgets, project management, and resourcing
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Advanced Degree (MS, PhD, MD)
- Demonstrated leadership success and record of high performance and delivery
- Experience of change management and leading teams through change
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
*This is a job description to aide in the job posting, but does not include all job evaluation details.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.