Managing Consultant, 3.5-5 days per week
3 days left
- Contract Type
Are you looking to make an impact on some of the most challenging issues our society faces in a post-pandemic world? Do you want to work in an environment where you have the opportunity to contribute to solving major societal questions that shape the future of how we work and how we live? Where you have the opportunity to shape the strategy and delivery of service and in doing so have direct impact on our clients and their performance and drive social impact.
Timewise is a multi award winning social enterprise and the UK’s leading expert and thought leader on workplace flexibility. We provide a range of research, consultancy and training services that work for both employers and employees and build more inclusive workplaces. And we run Timewise Jobs, the leading website for quality part time and flexible jobs.
We support businesses in all sectors to make a flexible working a success – organisations we work with are as diverse as the NHS, Google, and Lloyds Banking Group. We are a trusted advisor to Government, social funders and think tanks alike who come to us for our straight-talking evidence-based approach about what works when changing business practice on flexible working, and our work features regularly in the media.
As Timewise moves into its next phase of growth, accelerated by the spotlight COVID19 has shone on the business need for flexible working solutions, it is looking for an experienced OD/HR consultant with strong technical knowledge and management experience to lead our business consultancy unit to the next level and strengthen our management team, as a member of the Timewise Leadership Team.
Purpose of the role
As a Managing Consultant, you will be responsible for our business consultancy unit, personally driving excellence in our c-suite and senior client relationship management, hands-on leadership and delivery of key consultancy projects, management of an internal team and network of associates and overall operational responsibility for the unit’s profitability and performance.
You will work alongside the Programme Director, our technical expert, and our New Business Director to contribute to the development and delivery of market-leading products, services and capabilities that can support our social mission and leverage current and future demand to drive more social impact.
You should be able to demonstrate a level of management experience, with a passion to work with a sense of urgency and a proven record of driving a unit and team forward. This is a fantastic opportunity where there is potential to continue the development of an already profitable and growing social business and to step into a leadership role, whilst still remaining close to clients and their needs, by being a trusted client advisor, as well as hands on delivery.
- Operational leadership and day-to-day management of business consultancy unit
- Management and growth of team of in-house and associate consultants (8-10 people)
- Oversight of delivery team on bigger assignments
- Resource planning and implementation to ensure capabilities meet client needs
- Preparing budgets and forecasts for the consultancy team, and tracking income against budget
- Client service leadership and management of key accounts as senior point of contact
- Assess client needs, scope and deliver appropriate consultancy products and other solutions
- Project team facilitation by defining scope, objectives and project management structure ensuring constant focus on outcomes
- Deliver high quality project work that meets and exceed expectations
- Set standards to ensure high quality client service delivery meets and exceeds expectations
- Contribute to winning profitable business by proposal writing, pricing, shaping opportunities and services, pitch presentation and opportunity spotting in clients
- Identify cross selling opportunities within existing accounts and across the business
- Leverage the expertise of internal industry or practice expects across the business
- Contribute to thought leadership and/or research.
- Speak at local / national events in own area of expertise to enhance TW brand
- Develop relationships with industry and thought leaders externally to increase awareness and reputation of TW.
We are seeking a Managing Consultant who shares our passion for flexible working and driving workplace innovation, acting as an ambassador for Timewise. You will want to make a difference to how we work and design work in the UK, have excellent relational skills and be able to excite clients about the journey we will take them on through your drive and energy. You’ll have strong commercial acumen and a desire to move into or progress in a senior management role in an entrepreneurial social business. You also have a passion for building strong performing teams and be a champion of client service excellence. You will also be used to working autonomously and taking full accountability for the work you do.
- Commercially orientated, with a level of management experience
- Obsessed with delivering excellent client service and developing strong client relationships
- Experience in building and managing a team working on a flexible basis
- Experience in operating as a consultant, used to managing a portfolio of projects
- Credible working with senior leaders, managers, HR and D&I leads able to facilitate senior discussions, assess needs and deliver projects
- Credible and passionate about flexible working and modern workplaces
- A good understanding of HR and workforce development issues
- Financially literate, able to forecast and track progress against budget
- Well organized, a self-starter and able to prioritize and accomplish tasks independently
- Ability to write concisely and professionally and to communicate ideas and services
- Presentation skills: confidence, presence and credibility in making presentations up to Board level, and in roundtables, seminars and events
Flexible Working Solutions: The type of projects and /or training you would get involved in range from:
- Delivering consultancy for a range of existing and new mainly corporate clients to help them improve their strategic approach to flexible working
- Project work ranges from diagnostics to action planning to leadership engagement to implementation
- Diagnostics to identify existing practice and cultures, barriers to enhancing flexible working from a behavioural, capability and operational perspective and include undertaking data analysis and qualitative work such as running focus groups and interviewing senior leaders
- Training includes a range of virtual workshops for senior leaders, HR teams, resourcing teams, managers and employees and covers a range of topics from job design to managing flexible teams to adjusting recruitment processes
- Implementation ranges from bespoke projects and pilots on job re-design within teams or roles through to wider sector based programmes bringing trade bodies and industry leaders together to test new ways of working, to brand partnerships to enable clients to promote their organisations as champions of flexible working
If you feel you have the right skills and experience, want to join a small, professional and passionate team and do work that will make a real impact, please apply on Timewise Jobs by Sunday 9th May, with a short covering note outlining your relevant experience and your CV.
Apply for Managing Consultant, 3.5-5 days per week
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly