Assistant Manager, UI Designer, Open to flexible working & returners
Assistant Manager, UI Designer, North and South Europe Digital Services Team, Enabling Functions
As a UI Designer you will be joining the UK Digital Services team within our Enabling Functions. Our purpose as a team is to engage with and co-create consumer grade digital experiences for our own employees so that they feel supported and inspired by the firm. In this role you will be responsible for producing innovative and inspiring UI designs across a suite of mobile and desktop solutions. You will have opportunity to work closely with our people to understand their business requirements and to translate that into designs that solve their problems in an elegant, impactful and consistent way. Rigorous user testing is key to our success and you will be expected to work closely with our Service Designers, UX Designers and Product Managers to ensure that we deliver value for our employees at every point in the user journey. Ultimately you will become the champion for UI design across this growing and vibrant team.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
You will work alongside a talented team of Business Analysts, UX Designers, Product Managers, Solution Architects, Developers and Quality Engineers to shape, test, validate and build new products and services that create a better experience for our 20,000 Deloitte employees. Your approach will be agile and iterative, using Design Thinking to facilitate innovation and identify opportunities to deliver value to our employees through high quality design.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Using the best industry tools (Sketch, Adobe, Invision, etc) to design innovative pixel perfect interfaces, using prototyping tools to bring those designs to life
- Creating high quality UI design across mobile, tablet and desktop that complement and adhere to brand guidelines and design patterns
- Presenting your work giving rational for your design decisions to stakeholders and taking on feedback and critique to further improve your work
- Ability to give effective design feedback to others
- Creation and ownership of design systems and libraries on a project
- An advocate for Visual design and the design process
- Understanding outputs from user and stakeholder research, synthesizing understanding of analysis and user insight to shape UI design concepts, deliverables and outcomes
- Mood-boarding and sketching early conceptual thinking to help shape the design direction
- Playing an active role in planning internal workshops and co-creation sessions
- Always having an eye on the future and sharing inspiration and findings with internal teams, on blogs and in publications
- Work effectively in diverse teams with an inclusive team culture where people are recognized for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
The Digital Services team is based in London Deloitte campus. We are currently fully remote. Occasional travel to Amsterdam may be required.
This is a permanent opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time basis.
“Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.”
Your professional experience
Overall, you’re an ideas person and problem solver as well as a hands-on doer – that’s important. You know it takes a mix of people to do amazing work, so you love collaborating with and learning from people with different skills, backgrounds and perspectives. If you have an interesting or unusual mix of skills yourself, even better.
You’ll be an ace at what you do, with a passion for digital, keen business instincts and an eye for emerging trends and behaviours.
- A passion for thinking innovatively and creating intuitive and easy to use interfaces that delight end users and that solve business problems
- A strong portfolio to demonstrate your UI design experience and abilities
- Great attention to detail and the ability to effectively critique your work and work of others
- Strong understanding of and familiarity with the end-to-end UX and UI design process, user-centred design and UX principles
- The ability to get your hands on with UI design and prototyping tools (i.e. Sketch, Invision or similar)
- Experience in developing rapid prototypes
- Familiarity with UI trends and methodologies
- Ability to effectively prioritise and plan workload to meet deadlines
- A desire to contribute to the broader success of the Digital Services team
- The right to live & work in the UK
- Your portfolio should demonstrate experience and abilities for all of the above, with specific focus on process and outcomes that;
- show us your track record of delivering successful design outcomes, as a practitioner and a leader of teams
- show us how you frame and communicate the design process
- show us how you validate design decisions and make stakeholders believe in the work you and your team of designers are doing
- show us how you worked with user insight to make a real difference to the designed solution
- show us how you collaborated with other roles (developers, testers, etc) to implement your design successfully
Your service line: Enabling Functions
At Deloitte, we’re all about making an impact that matters, together. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000 strong Enabling Functions teams. With our combined specialist skills and business partnering expertise, we provide all the essential strategy, support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. So not only will you be providing world-class support to our internal clients, you’ll be making an impact for all the hugely influential organisations Deloitte works with too. Covering all our distinct areas: Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Central Business Services, National Quality & Risk Management, Technology & Digital Services, and Real Estate, the opportunities here are vast. And what’s more, you can grow your career in whatever direction you choose. We’ll support you all the way.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Let’s make an impact. Apply now!
Please contact us today for an introduction. Click on the button below and fill in your personal information. If this position does not fit you but you know someone who might, please feel free to forward this on to them.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.