Manager - Communications & Engagement - People Advisory Services (UK&I), Open to flexible working
Manchester, Luton, Aberdeen, Scotland, Reading, England, Belfast, Exeter, Cambridge, Southampton, Inverness, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, Bristol, Birmingham, Hull, Leeds, England, Liverpool, London, Oxford, Edinburgh, Glasgow
Organisations are having to become much more adaptable to change as they face new workforce challenges as a result of globalisation, changing demographics, emerging technology, innovation and regulatory demands.
We believe the People Agenda is at the heart of successful change. EY People Advisory Services (PAS) help organisations to put humans at the centre of their transformation agenda enabling them to align culture and leadership to their purpose, develop necessary skillsets and mindsets, and build adaptability through continuous change and learning.
We are a global network with more than 11,000 employees in more than 130 countries, offering deep industry knowledge and experience to more than 2,000 corporate clients worldwide. Within the UK, we have over 330 consultants advising clients across the private, public and not-for-profit sectors on their most challenging workforce problems.
We are growing fast and looking for those, who share our values, believe in the importance of the people agenda and have experience in organisation and workforce transformation and transactions, change experience and learning, culture and leadership, digital HR, rewards and people mobility, to join us in PAS.
Communications and Engagement (C&E) is a distinct practice and skillset within our business change offer in PAS. It is a rapidly growing area and plays an integral part of People Advisory and broader consulting engagements.
EY’s C&E team is a diverse group of expert practitioners who deliver targeted communications’ solutions to engage employees and stakeholders through times of transformational change. They are a client facing team who have cross-sector experience reaching different employee groups across complex, global environments.
Our clients come from all sectors and value the insights that we bring about how they can design and deliver communications strategies that link employees and external stakeholders to their change agenda.
Our practice is a true differentiator for EY which adds value, generates revenue, and promotes our brand in a unique and creative way. We work with the broadest range of clients across the public and private sector - from global household brands to high-profile government programmes. The opportunities to provide communications and engagement consultancy to major transformation and transaction programmes are endless. Your work will is likely to shape the direction of some major global brands and also vital government work in our country. And, by nature of the scale and exposure of the work we do, our C&E experts work with an array of EY colleagues across a plenitude of professional fields, enhancing professional development, opening up opportunities to enjoy a richer consulting career in C&E and beyond.
Your key responsibilities
In this role, your responsibilities will include core consulting and development and management of communications (internal and external) activities, as part of major programmes. Responsibilities include:
- Developing and managing communications and engagement programmes for client projects and programmes
- Contributing to the broader delivery of projects and programmes to meet and exceed client expectations
- The ability to analyse problems and deliver insightful, practical and sustainable solutions
- Contributing to the development of broad change management strategies and plans
- Identifying and innovate ways to provide our C&E proposition to clients, to positively impact current engagements
- Taking a practical approach to solving issues and gaining client buy-in
- Taking ownership for initiatives to promote inclusive working within client engagements and within the wider PAS community
- The ability to manage and build client and stakeholder relationships
- Be up to date with key technical and functional skills, and with industry, business and leadership skills and knowledge - and share this expertise with others
- The management of team members
Skills and attributes for success
- Be professional, quickly establishing personal credibility and demonstrating expertise
- Have strong personal impact and resilience, and be able to influence and persuade clients and stakeholders to gain assistance for major changes and key decisions
- Be able to evidence strong technical skills and experience in communications and engagement
- Demonstrate creativity and innovation in development and delivery of client programmes
- Ability to ‘hit the ground running’, comfortable working amongst ambiguity and in high-pressured environments
- Have strong experience managing multiple priorities for multiple stakeholders
- Have confidence to present ideas and host engagement activities with and to an array of stakeholders
- Take a practical approach to solving issues and gaining client agreement
- Be able to analyse complex problems and to deliver insightful, practical and sustainable solutions.
- Be skilled in facilitating and encouraging collaboration amongst team members, and is capable of motivating teams to maximise performance
- Be confident and effective in recognising and managing potential issues during client assignments
- Effective team leader and coach to colleagues and clients
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Proven experience in communications (internal and/ or external) from industry and/or agency/consultancy delivering communications strategy, channels, senior stakeholder engagement in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Operational communications experience within a large, complex, multinational or government organisation
- No requirement for sector specialisation but strong insight into one or more of the following is desirable: Telecoms Media &Technology, Government & Public Sector, Infrastructure, Energy, Utilities, Life Sciences
- Qualifications such as CIPR, Melcrum or other professional Communications/Public Relations/Internal Communications qualifications would be of interest but are not essential
What we look for
We are looking for people who can demonstrate real impact and technical expertise in shaping and delivering high impact communications and engagement activity. We look for creativity, resilience and people with the skills to build strong internal and external networks. We want people who are motivated and passionate to work on different client projects across a range of sectors.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes assistance for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. As a purpose driven organisation, we are also proud to offer multiple opportunities to volunteer with our global corporate responsibility programme – EY Ripples.
Plus, we offer:
- Coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Access to a range of client projects
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- Flexibility within a truly diverse and inclusive organisation
EY is a global professional services organisation providing consulting, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are dedicated to doing our part in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. And we are united by our shared values and a dedication to delivering exceptional client service
We make sure our people succeed. The networks you build and the experiences you have with us will help define and accelerate the rest of your career. Last year in the UK, nearly 2,000 of our people were promoted or progressed within their grade, and we are significantly increasing the number of partners in the UK. So, when you build something better at EY, we make sure you’re rewarded.
Our People Advisory Services practice has over 10,000 practitioners operating within a globally integrated team, bringing their skills, insights and experience to support our clients.
Driven by our focused insight and innovation, PAS is best positioned to advise and influence our client’s activities at senior leadership level to respond to the scale and complexity of how and where our clients work globally, making us the trusted advisor of choice to our clients and creating more opportunities for our people. As a result, we’re continually seeking new markets, new perspectives and better ways to deliver value.
EY is dedicated to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
To meet our ongoing commitment of doing the right thing for our people, our clients and our firm - and to continue playing our role in the national effort against Coronavirus, our consultants are all now working from home unless office working is critical to their role or wellbeing.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.