UKI - FAAS- Commodities - Senior Manager - Open to flexible working
Do you have the vision to see through problems? Then join EY to gain experiences that will last a lifetime
We’re looking for a Senior Manager to join our London-based Commodities Markets team as we continue to grow and develop in this space. This is an opportunity to combine both technical and commercial insight to deliver solutions for our client’s complex problems.
Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) & Commodities Markets
The Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team works with businesses and finance teams of clients to address risks arising from accounting, financial reporting and regulatory issues. FAAS teams serve as trusted advisors, both practical and innovative, to help our clients navigate through challenges in the changing economic and regulatory environment.
Commodities Markets (CM) is a specialization within FAAS, focused on clients active in trading gas, power, oil, metals, agriculture, chemical and related products. Our clients include:
- Global trading houses specializing in trading commodities
- Trading divisions of large conglomerates, consumer goods and industrial companies buying and selling commodities
- Financial trading and broking companies
- Industry bodies and infrastructure providers in the sector
Operating across the UK & Ireland and supporting EY practices across the EMEIA region, the team delivers four key services, including, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Consulting, Business Transformation and Audit support. The team provide a ‘one-stop shop’ service across Commodity Trading finance and operations.
Your key responsibilities
As a Commodities Markets Senior Manager, you will engage with clients, bringing them benefit from our insights, creativity and energy.
Together with local leadership, leveraging FAAS- and firm-wide pool of people as well as global CM specialists, you will help build a regional pipeline, pursue opportunities and deliver high-quality engagements. You will typically work alongside the EY team leaders and client to help deliver projects in the area of business transformation, regulatory compliance, technology enablement, and control/risk governance. Working across all industries, you’ll develop your career by communicating creative, strategic goals both internally and externally. It’s all about listening to and understanding our clients to give them a truly exceptional experience in a field where there really are no off-the-shelf recommendations.
More specifically you will provide consulting services by:
- Leading engagement delivery through understanding the current state of operations through interviews and evaluating against industry practices to define gaps or improvement opportunities
- Supporting leaders with business development and client engagement pursuits
- Providing leadership and promote business ties with internal and external senior leaders/ client across key businesses, regions and support functions
- Working with the engagement team and client stakeholders to develop detailed solution and implementation roadmap to enhance business capabilities and operational effectiveness. Confer with personnel concerned to ensure successful functioning of newly implemented systems or procedures
- Demonstrating digital solutions knowhow in Commodities sector and participate in digital transformation engagements
- Consistently lead the delivery of our service offerings associated with business and digital transformation, controls and risk management review, internal audit support to clients and demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge
- Supporting the practice leaders and senior executives in generating new business connections and development of engagement pipeline
- Ensuring effective and efficient project execution according to professional and EY standards, set budgets, and timelines
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A Bachelor's/ Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Information Technology or related field
- Over 8 years of relevant consulting and/or industry work experience in one of the below:
- Front, middle or back-office for a commodity trading operation with exposure to various commodity transaction types (physical and financial) across multiple markets including understanding of risk and/or hedging strategies
- Experience of working with one or more digital technology solutions such as data analytics, RPA, artificial intelligence, and block chain
- Experience with documentation of business requirements for a process/technology solution, knowledge of software development lifecycle, and/or experience with solution design for a business problem
- Current regulatory/ controls landscape associated with Commodity operations, including control and process design, risk management, re-design and/or mitigation related activities
- Experience with how commodity markets operate (power, gas, crude, metals and/or refined products) and understanding of transaction lifecycle (front, middle, and back office)
- Exposure to the physical commodities trading sector is essential. This experience may have been gathered through exposure to professional services (audit, consulting, technology, out-sourcing) or operational roles in trading houses or banks.
- Experience with key technology solutions used for commodity trading operations such as Commodity Trading Risk Management systems (e.g., OpenLink, Aspect, EOS, Allegro, etc.)
- Solution-oriented with a “go-getter” personality who is motivated to identify ways to deliver value to clients
- Demonstrate interest in commodities trading sector through education, work or extra-curricular experience
- Willing to try new ways to solve old problems through the innovative application of process and technology, as well as to drive change in the industry
- Experience in managing a diverse client/ project/ task portfolio is essential
- Great communicator, team player and have ability to establish personal credibility with the client
- Ability to travel for work outside London for over 50% of time
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.