Financial Crime Senior Manager - Part time 4 days per week
This role is open specifically for people who are looking to work on a flexible contract.
We know everyone’s lives are different and that traditional working patterns may not be quite right for you. Whether you’ve taken a career break, had time out to support family or are looking to balance your career with another passion of yours, we can offer you a flexible contract to work the pattern that suits you.
- 4 days a week
Once you’ve joined the firm you will have access to training, giving you the opportunity to upskill yourself on our various systems. You’ll also benefit from additional support designed to help you integrate into the firm and connect and build relationships with other flexible workers across our network.
We’re one of the world’s leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
About Our Team:
PwC is strengthening its capabilities in its Financial Services Risk & Regulation services as our clients face significant shifts in the regulatory environment. A core component of our FS risk & regulation practice is the Financial Crime team which brings together a mixed set of capabilities to help clients with investigations, remediation, transformation programmes and managed services in the financial crime space.
To meet this growing demand, we are significantly investing in our Financial Crime Team in the UK and globally. In the UK the FCT works with clients to manage business risk through:
- Responsive and robust investigations driven by analytics
- Remediation built around technologies to improve efficiency and transformation projects that aim to change clients financial crime functions for the better through monitoring systems, advanced analytics, improved policy and procedures, and reduction in costs.
What makes the FCT stand out is our ability to combine a legacy of investigations skills and experience, with regulatory, policy and procedure expertise, with a consulting focus on transformation for the future and technologists that are a core part of the team structure and delivery model. We also have a number of joint business relationships with the key financial crime technology vendors, which form part of our client solutions and investments.
Within the FCT we are looking to build on our profile with the growing and mid-sized institutions that are needing support responding to the regulatory and risk environment relating to financial crime. The characteristics of this sector include:
- Regional and London based challenger and specialist banks
- UK subsidiaries of foreign banks
- High growth institutions such as payment services providers with step changes in risk management needs
- Firms involved in new asset classes, such as virtual assets, looking to embed solid regulatory foundations.
Who we are looking for:
We are currently looking for experienced managers or senior managers with relevant skills to join our growing Financial Crime Team to support our Growth, Risk & Alternative Payments offering. We have ambitious plans and are looking for individuals who can develop and build our go-to-market Financial Crime propositions and excel in client delivery.
We support our clients with a range of services:
- AML risk assessments including the design of methodologies, implementation and execution of risk assessments
- Conducting reviews of client’s financial crime frameworks from both a design and operating effectiveness lens. This can be working with internal audit teams (either PwC led or client teams) or as part of stand-alone exercises.
- AML assurance projects to ISAE 3000
- Assisting clients designing their regulatory strategy
- Assisting clients with regulatory interventions such as s166 FSMA reviews or preparing them for such a review.
Your Main Responsibilities:
- Managing projects including project delivery, budget and risk (as part of client take on, engagement and ongoing)
- Actively contributing on client-facing project work, being self-starting and motivated to produce the required high standard of deliverables
- Developing and owning Financial Crime propositions and delivery methodologies
- Building and maintaining relationships both internally within the PwC network and externally with clients
- Supporting sales through work on bids, proposal responses and developing opportunities
- Contributing to social media content
In order to be successful you will need to show ability in most of the following areas:
- Understanding of the relevant Financial Services regulations in the UK, Europe, and ideally in other jurisdictions
- Have experience of working in or with payment services companies, money service business or crypto businesses
- Have experience of working in or with higher risk financial services products such as international payments, correspondent banking, trade finance or remittance services.
You will also need to have:
- Track record of managing a portfolio of clients/projects
- Track record of managing project teams including ability to meet deadlines, overcome challenges, manage stakeholder expectations and produce project deliverables
- Ability to develop new ideas into structured, deliverable proposals and projects
- Ability to identify and address client needs, develop and maintain meaningful client relationships
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills
- Knowledge of Payment Services Regulations
- Experience of working with Electronic Money institutions
- Experience of working with firms involved with virtual assets
- Experience of external or internal audit would also be beneficial
Bachelor’s degree or above
- ACAMs or equivalent
- ACA or equivalent
Our Deals business is an exciting, fast-paced and an ever-growing business that focuses on deals and crisis situations for our clients. Collectively, we deal with the types of situations you hear about regularly in the news and we provide support, insight and analysis to the management, shareholders and financiers of business.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.