Senior Director, End User Technology - homeworking, flexible working
In GSK Consumer Healthcare, we are on an incredible journey as we prepare to create a new, standalone, world leading company with a 100% single-minded focus on everyday health. We are doing this at a time when the work we do has never mattered more. With the COVID pandemic, people are increasingly looking for ways to manage their own health and wellbeing and to take care of their families. This is where we come in. With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge and expertise, we are uniquely placed to deliver better everyday health to millions of people around the world and grow a strong, successful business. This is an opportunity to be part of something special.
As Senior Director, End User Technology, you will be responsible for leading the team that delivers end user compute & modern workplace services to the Consumer Business. You will also lead a highly skilled team of employees plus manage a significant supplier services budget. The role has a truly global scope and is accountable for the effective, reliable and efficient delivery and operation of all end user compute products to support the daily operation of the Consumer Business.
The Senior Director, End User Technology should be familiar with all the end user technology in their scope of control so that they can lead from a position of technical authority. Using a product sensibility and your fluency in deploying modern end user compute at scale, you will be responsible for deploying and operating a natively modern and world leading suite of capabilities to help accelerate and grow the business. You will embed an automated-by-default and software defined methodology and expect to deliver business value at high frequency. In addition, you will naturally & seamlessly partner with engineering, security and product teams to maximise the value delivered by the infrastructure products & services delivered within your scope.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Be accountable globally for the delivery and operation of Modern Workplace End User Compute Services, optimized for scalability, resilience, capacity & cost.
- Manage a globally distributed team of specialist domain engineers & partners, from a position of technical authority.
- Drive the implementation of an agile & forward-looking Device & Desktop as a Service methodology to give the company high quality, flexible and always up-to-date compute services.
- Be accountable for the effective execution of significant operational budget to deliver services at high quality and global reach.
- Drive a leading technology mindset including automation-by-default, software defined and take all opportunities to leverage infrastructure technology to deliver business value at high frequency.
- Follow product management best practices with customer & consumer value at the heart of robust design & implementation decisions.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, other relevant discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience of modern end user compute infrastructure & 5 years of experience managing diverse scaled engineering teams.
- Fluency with the Microsoft Office 365 stack and related technology across the entire end user stack, including Desktop, Mobile, edge device and associated software platforms including Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android & embedded.
- Experience of delivering end user compute hardware by levering a "Device as a Service" partner delivery model.
- Experience of delivering and managing end user compute software platforms by leveraging an automated & software defined "Desktop as a Service" partner delivery model.
- Experience of leveraging Virtual Desktop Infrastructure for the enterprise.
- Fluency with endpoint security technology and patterns.
- Experience with mobile & endpoint device management platforms (e.g. InTune).
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to describe complex & abstract technical concepts up to board level.
- Effective product sensibility, with capability to advocate and drive key product innovations or opportunities with the developer community.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Demonstrable thought leadership & passion for Modern Workplace services.
- Experience with managing service desk operations.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk, governance and control, managing ambiguity and paradox.
- Managing individual performance.
- Creating a performance culture and driving results, prioritisation, execution, delivering performance.
- Setting strategic direction and leading on-going organisational transformation.
- Building a resilient organisation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration in service of common goals, engaging the organisation and building trusted external networks for mutual benefit.
- Managing P&L and capital allocation.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.