Key Account Manager, Yorkshire and North East, Open to flexible working
Are you an experienced Key Account Manager with proven success in the promotion of a portfolio of licenced products, ideally in Oncology? If so, please read on...
GSK have a new vacancy for an Oncology Key Account Manager covering Yorkshire & North East on a full-time permanent basis.
Reporting to the National Sales Director, you will be responsible for the promotion of GSK licensed Oncology products in the assigned territory. This is currently Zejula® ▼ (niraparib) for first-line maintenance treatment of advanced ovarian cancer .
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Ensure all activities and plans are executed in alignment with GSK's high ethics and compliance standards and all applicable local legal requirements and regulations.
- Drive sales of GSK Oncology brands by effectively communicating the value and the appropriate use of Zejula® ▼ (niraparib) .
- Promote and detail the value of GSK Oncology products to target HCPs, including but not limited to hospital physicians, nurses, pharmacists, local payors where applicable and any other relevant stakeholders with an impact on the prescribing of GSK Oncology licenced medications.
- Manage and develop all relevant accounts/customers in the territory, targeting and accessing customers in line with company strategy and individual customer needs.
- Develop and execute robust account plans for the territory in collaboration with Cross Functional colleagues.
- Build and maintain productive, professional relationships with customers and stakeholders to ensure the successful promotion of both GSK licensed Oncology therapies.
- Work collaboratively with all functions to ensure successful launches and/or ongoing promotion of GSK Oncology products.
- Develop and deliver speaker meetings to maximise account opportunities or overcome barriers to achieve successful account performance.
- Provide clear and timely feedback to Line Manager and Cross Functional colleagues regarding outcomes of discussions and ongoing market developments.
- Accurately plan and spend a budget for events, meetings and other appropriate costs in the territory utilising available resources to deliver activities that drive return on investment and high impact.
- Adherence to GSK's core values
- Flexibility and ability to adapt and thrive in a changing NHS environment with an innovative approach to overcoming challenges.
- Evidence of high levels of accountability for territory and any project lead roles.
- Ability to develop account situational analysis and then quickly identify the key opportunities and barriers which will positively or negatively impact the account business. Using this to then develop clear action plans to deliver results.
- Where necessary to be prepared to work beyond core role to deliver best results for the organisation
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong and lasting working relationships both internally and externally.
- Successful track record of identifying and influencing decision makers in a territory.
- Ability to deal with complex environment and to manage multiple activities and prioritize effectively.
- Able to drive results based on internal and external collaboration in ambiguous and challenging situations
- Results-orientated with a sense of urgency and customer focus, resilient when overcoming obstacles.
- Able to effectively communicate relevant information to the manager and colleagues, seeking input and feedback where appropriate.
- Evidence of high levels of strategic thinking and ability to analyse territory business.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- A proven background as a therapeutic specialist / sales representative in the pharmaceutical industry, including relevant knowledge/experience in an oncology hospital sales role.
- Proven promotional skills leading to consistent sales success.
- Expertise in using modern information technology.
- Proven experience of working in a compliant manner and always acting in accordance with relevant regulations and applicable laws.
- Driver's licence and the ability and desire to work and travel as appropriate in a field-based, customer-facing role.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in written communications
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience with product launches in the hospital specialty care market (preferably in oncology).
- Understanding of relevant clinical key stakeholders, cancer funding processes and the local healthcare system (including access and routes to market) for the assigned territory and products.
- University degree preferably in life sciences (Medicine, Biology, Biochemistry, etc.).
- Good understanding of the science of oncology products.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE - 5th May, 2021
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you are being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.