Communications and Engagement Manager, Open to flexible working
GSK have an exciting role of Communications and Engagement Manager to join the Ware site on a permanent and full-time basis.
It is an opportunity to be able to manage communications for one of GSKs largest sites with the exposure to work with many senior leaders.
The primary purpose of this role is to lead internal and external communications at the PSC Ware site. This role will deliver high quality communication across the site to increase staff engagement, transparency and alignment.
- Drive engagement in the company story with employees at site level, clarifying how employees fit into the wider corporate context
- Develop and deliver communication plans for entire Ware campus (incorporating both PSC and R&D business areas)
- Liaise with Site Director and SLT in effectively translating the IPTc and global manufacturing priorities into site level activities and programmes - to ensure delivery of consistent strategic messages on site
- Liaise with R&D Site Lead on one Ware campus
- Partner with Pharma Supply Chain (PSC) Corporate Government Affairs (CGA) to share internal company news (tailor where appropriate) major announcements and progress, in support of IPTc delivery
- Create awareness, build buy-in into how the IPTc strategy translates into RHIV network and Site local targets and goals.
- Work closely with local / site business leaders to plan and deliver activities to drive site engagement and behaviour change
- Create and deliver the site communications strategy based upon the site strategy and overarching PSC CGA Communications plan, to increase engagement, alignment and transparency; incorporating: Communication channels strategy, Leadership communications plan, Communication skills and resources plan
- Create, design and produce dedicated site communications materials e.g. for key events, newsletters, video, presentations, intranet maintenance & page development & publications
- Develop and improve external stakeholder engagement by effectively promoting the site and its achievements.
- Within agreed budget, plan and manage site donations and / or sponsorship to charities and community groups in order to maximise community relations benefits to the site
- In close partnership with CGA, manage relationships with local stakeholders (e.g. mayor / council) and support on major issues management
- Leading communication plans for major campus projects including re-organisation and system change programs.
- Provide ad hoc advice to site business leaders
- Support, coach and advise site leaders on culture and employee engagement, what's driving sentiment at sites
- Provide guidance and counsel in the event of site issues, crisis or change at site level
- As an active member of the CGA communicator network, provide advice, insight and counsel from site perspective
- Managing comms and engagement budget for key campus activities.
- Management responsibility for ~1 Industrial Placement student intern.
Closing Date for Applications: Thursday 6th May 2021
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
- Degree qualified
- Proven experience of working in a similar communications role
- Proven track record of developing and implementing impactful communications strategies
- Experience of programme communications, campaign management and issues management are desirable
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- CIPR/CIM qualification
- Experience of working within the pharmaceutical industry
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best. When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing. Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.