Director, Connectivity Architect, Open to flexible working
Do you have a passion for developing innovative, cutting-edge processes or strategy for scientific and operational business problems? If so, this role could be a great fit for your career.
The Director, Connectivity Architect will work closely with the other Architects and will be responsible for contributing to the delivery of global strategic networking architecture solutions. The Director, Connectivity Architect will ensure that all architectures and new technology acquisitions are delivered through GSK's architectural governance review processes and follow established enterprise reference architectures and standards. The Director, Connectivity Architect will also collaborate with global Tech partners in architecture and development to deliver future state architectures for networking.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Act as key architect for Core Tech Enterprise Hosting Services Connectivity team who sets the strategy for networking in GSK
- The primary job function is to understand current capabilities and drive future state architecture in alignment with business-led Core Tech Enterprise Hosting Strategy.
- Responsible for Developing Enterprise Hosting solutions, translating business requirements into scalable, flexible and secure architectures
- Ensure proposed solutions follow GSK standards and Enterprise Hosting strategy focused on networking, cost to execute the solution, and ongoing run costs.
- Collaborates with other architects within Core Tech Enterprise Hosting to ensure the efficacy, integrity of assigned domain or solution architecture.
- Architect must be able to leverage the illustrations to clearly articulate the solutions to a broad range of stakeholders from senior management to product owners and developers.
- Develop a library of deployable and documented product design patterns, based on the product portfolio
- Demonstrate technical leadership ability to back decisions with research and the "why," and articulate several options and recommendations of proposed solution architecture
- Demonstrate knowledge of DevOps tool chains and processes
- Maintain overall industry knowledge on latest trends, technology, etc.
- Maintain current knowledge on GSK standards and processes and Core Tech Enterprise Hosting networking products.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelors (BA/BS) degree, or 10+ years equivalent technical qualification with relevant experience.
- 10+ years of related network architecture experience.
- Experience in working with Azure and GCP networking solutions
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Advanced knowledge of one or more architecture disciplines, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and solution engineering
- Strong understanding of Network architecture and Security
- Demonstrated ability to understand, analyze and apply abstract architectural concepts
- Knowledge of financial concepts in infrastructure context.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to be consultative- possessing effective influencing and negotiating skills
- Ability to effectively interact with peer level associates
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision working simultaneously on multiple large, complex projects
- Broad knowledge of technologies and design patterns
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.