Purchase Ledger Clerk (Part Time)
Our client is a well-established national law firm looking for a part time Purchase Ledger clerk to join their Northampton based offices.
The main duties for this role are as follows:-
* Responsibility for the Purchase Ledger system across all offices. Coding, processing and obtaining authorisation of invoices from budget holders. Issuing payments via bank transfer or cheque and sending remittances to suppliers. Statement reconciliation. Query resolution.
* Collating, coding and checking authorisation for nominal payments. Arranging payment by bank transfer or cheque.
* Identification of capital purchases and maintenance of asset register. To ensure assets are categorised correctly. Monthly depreciation journals posting. Identify and deal with disposals. Assisting in monthly reconciliation to nominal ledger.
* Assisting in the identification and control of all prepayments. Set up of recurring journals. Monthly spreadsheet analysis and reconciliation to nominal ledger.
* Assisting in the identification and control of all accruals. Monthly spreadsheet analysis and reconciliation to nominal ledger.
* Making partners drawings, profit and ad hoc payments.
* Management and reconciliation of petty cash for Northampton office.
* Reconciliation of office credit cards to include collating and checking receipts, coding and posting to the system. Query resolution.
* Monthly nominal journal production/processing.
* VAT fuel scale analysis, calculations and journals. Ensuring partners car information is updated and cross referenced with vehicle registration details.
* To undertake any other reasonable duties as required.
Maxim Recruitment Solutions acts as both a recruitment agency and recruitment business. Due to the high number of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to everyone individually. If you do not hear from us within 5 days please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. In line with the GDPR Regulations, we are making you aware that in order to proceed with your application; we will need to contact you via email, telephone and/or text message. By submitting your CV to this vacancy, you are agreeing to Maxim Recruitment Solutions holding your details to enable us to contact you to discuss this vacancy or other suitable positions. Details of our Privacy Notice can be found on our website or emailed across to you if requested. It is important you are aware of your individual rights and the provisions we have in place to protect your data. If you would like further information on our Privacy Notice or GDPR please do contact us