Finance Officer, Part time 22.5 hour per week
This is a key role in the organisation, and you will enjoy using your financial expertise to ensure the smooth every day running of FoodCycle, giving you the opportunity to liaise with all levels of the organisation, from the CEO to the volunteers who carry out our work.
The right person for this role enjoys being organised, pays attention to detail and understands that they are a key component in supporting our fantastic Projects and amazing team. They will also relish working with a wide variety of job roles as well as supporting the finance function.
You will gain knowledge and understanding of the charity’s key processes which will enhance your career development. To carry out your role we will invest in training where there are gaps and seek to progress you if the opportunity arises.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Inputting transactions relating to income and expenditure, coding entries to the correct cost centre with the correct nominal codes and fund codes
- Record debit card transactions and process and reconcile petty cash
- Support the Finance Manager in managing the Purchase Ledger and Sales Ledger. Raise invoices where necessary and chase up outstanding payments.
- Process and record donations received in all forms including cheques, cash, charity vouchers, BACS and electronic means including Just Giving, CAF Donate, Stripe, Virgin Money, CAF GAYE and Paypal
- Liaise with fundraising over monthly donations – checking with the team that relevant data is on Salesforce
- Check and approve volunteer expenses and run Salesforce Report for import to Xero
- Fortnightly payment run and general banking
- Support to check monthly Gift Aid claims (check declarations are valid)
- Act as a knowledge centre for all volunteer finance queries
- Manage the expense mailbox – using templates where necessary and if possible
- Match invoices with PO’s when the system is introduced
- Attend and support the FoodCycle annual training Conference
- Some office management duties such as postage, answering the phone Assist with financial training at our volunteer conference Occasionally visit FoodCycle projects and take an interest in the work of our volunteers. Work with all staff towards achieving FoodCycle’s vision and contribute to its success.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application.